Purpose of Job We are seeking a talented Sr. Audit Manager for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, or Charlotte, NC or 100% remote work environment.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused deliverables. The actual days onsite are determined between each employee and the employee's manager.
Manages audit engagements, varying in complexity, and often participates in complex, cross-functional risk-based assurance and advisory engagements driving quality of audit work. May lead engagements as Auditor-In-Charge (AIC). Maintains knowledge of financial services regulations and effectively responds and interacts with regulators. Provides oversight to multiple audit engagements and participates in review of engagement planning, fieldwork and reporting. Manages strategic initiatives and assists with the development and implementation of a risk-based audit plan. Serves, and/or partners with subject matter expert(s) within audit or the business to analyze issues, establish collaborative client relationships, and proactively work with client management to assess risk and improve internal controls. Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and Code of Ethics. Job Requirements
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Influences business and clients across the enterprise regarding effective internal controls and mitigating risks across the full Enterprise taxonomy and challenges business management to adopt appropriate policies and procedures and effective controls designed to mitigate risks.
- Manages audit engagement-related efforts and assignments of staff with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting engagements, specialized audits or business audits recognizing the cross-matrixing and cross-functionality within the specialized functions/business areas.
- Independently prepares, reviews, and leads continuous monitoring and advisory activities, special reviews and investigations.
- Ensures assigned audit engagements are completed objectively, professionally, timely and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards.
- Approves the engagement risk and control matrix and scope of the audit for final review and approval by Audit Leadership.
- Proactively identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement in the current operating environment providing recommendations for corrective action. Drafts the related audit issues and audit reports for issuance to respective client leadership conducting follow-up activities.
- Responsible for quality of audit reviews with final signoff of work papers; proposes and/or recommends updates to the universe risk assessment of the entity based on audit results.
- Leads team activities and provides feedback to the team on audit activities related to planning and scoping, testing and sampling methodology and testing conclusions that demonstrate critical thinking ability.
- Builds and enhances client relationships across the organization for areas of responsibility helping to drive strategic objectives with the business.
- Communicates effectively with business/clients to include delivering both risk-based and difficult messages. May be asked to communicate with regulators and executive leaders.
- Provides recommendations on staffing assignments to audit leadership and guidance to staff members.
- Provides coaching and guidance to other auditors ensuring timeliness and quality of audit engagement deliverables. May deliver audit team end of engagement evaluations.
- Provides input into the creation of the internal audit universe and audit entities risk profile. Updates universe risk assessment information with current and applicable research and industry feedback.
- Participates in development of the Audit annual plan for assigned areas of responsibility including proper assessment and coverage of risks and emerging risks and assists with execution of the annual plan.
Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant field such as Finance, Accounting, Business, or Information Technology
Four additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information technology or related business and/or leadership experience.
- Experience performing internal audits, external audits, or applying audit, risk, or compliance acumen in a complex operational and regulatory environment.
- Broad and comprehensive experience in Audit theory, internal audit principles with demonstrated experience in audit examining, analyzing, assessing, and drawing conclusions from audit work.
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and challenging Controls with business partners and influencing business outcomes.
- Understanding of risks and internal controls and the ability to evaluate and determine adequacy and efficiency of controls.
- Experience in a support role, mentoring, and providing feedback to audit team members throughout the audit.
- Experience in overseeing work with both internal and external partners in a highly collaborative environment
- Demonstrated critical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques and decision-making abilities.
- Demonstrated experience in highly dynamic environment undergoing change; ability to deal with competing priorities.
- Understanding of consumer compliance regulatory requirements such as SCRA, MLA, FDPA, FCRA, UDAAP, Regulation Z, etc. combined with experience in a banking environment, specifically, mortgage, deposits, credit card, consumer lending, etc.
- Proactively and independently delivers high quality, timely audit reports and issue validations
- Demonstrates strong understanding of consumer compliance within a bank setting and is able to keep to date on the latest regulatory trends and assess its impact to USAA.
- Coordinates and prepares regulatory deliverables and responses related to the role
- Manages an Internal Audit team and regularly performs budget vs. actual analysis
- Integrates technology into audit practices and methodology
- Performs and provides oversight of continuous monitoring activities
- Provides consumer compliance focused consultation services to audit teams
- Collaborates across Internal Audit teams to provide comprehensive coverage across the audit plan
- Engages and takes ownership of strategic initiatives to achieve continuous improvement within the team
- Approaches challenging and complex environments with intellectual curiosity and an open mind
- CRCM preferred
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800 - $192,300*( this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
To apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of USAA. Please note ComputerJobs - Texas Jobs is not responsible for the application process on any external website.