Purpose of Job The ideal candidate will have a strong background supporting CFO risk programs to include: designing, implementing and monitoring risk programs, compliance acumen, in-depth understanding of the regulatory environment, passion for risk mitigation and excellent verbal and written communication skills. The Risk Analyst will work with other professionals within the Enterprise Risk and Audit teams across the enterprise. Work Hybrid out of our San Antonio TX, Plano TX, Phoenix AZ, Charlotte NC, or Tampa FL facility.
Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement, monitoring, control and reporting, and the understanding and management of risk through appropriate practices and processes. Assess and oversee enterprise and business exposures including key and emerging risks. Monitors the risk and control environment and provides effective challenge to internal and external stakeholders to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels. Escalates and reports risks to the appropriate governance bodies. Leads and executes complex initiatives and cross functional teams within the Chief Risk Office and across the Enterprise that drive problem resolution. Leverages broad enterprise knowledge and/or expert knowledge of core business discipline(s), products and processes Job Requirements
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Identifies and seeks key stakeholders across the enterprise to support the identification, assessment, aggregation and the overall management of risks and controls.
- Presents findings and recommendations to various levels of leadership.
- Routinely communicates results of risk assessments to governance committees, business process owners and various levels of leadership and influences decision making.
- Develops process and procedures for successful implementation of new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks according to industry best practice.
- Develops strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure, monitor, and report risks.
- Applies expert knowledge to utilize or produce analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Leads, assembles and facilitates cross-functional teams to identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk events.
- Serves as the point of contact for senior risk leadership on projects and special management requests that often impact the enterprise or core operating area.
- Formulates and reviews stress test plans for a line of business or the enterprise.
- Evaluates results, and frames contingency plans in partnership with key business stakeholders.
- Crafts key communications to be delivered to executives and board members.
- Bachelor's Degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a related field.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 8 years of risk management, regulatory or operations experience in a relevant functional area to include banking, insurance, financial services, audit, project management, public accounting or other related operational area. Or advanced degree/designation in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or other discipline relevant to risk management and 6 years of work experience in a discipline relevant to risk management.
- Advanced risk management experience in a complex institution and/or highly matrixed environment related to banking, insurance and/or financial services.
- Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution management and ability to effectively challenge at all levels of management and influence business outcomes.
- Experience leading and directing work with both internal and external partners in a highly collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques and decision-making abilities, to include demonstrated ability to effectively make data-driven decisions.
- Proactively identifies potential concerns and follows-up to resolve issues.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required.
- Experience designing, implementing and monitoring enterprise risk programs (Process Risk Control Inventory, Risk Control Self Assessments, Risk Inventory, 1st Line Risk Assessment, and Risk Profile) that includes process and control excellence, issue management/oversight, operational losses, testing, and management of regulatory requirements
- Deep business acumen in the areas of operational risk and financial services
- Proven ability to effectively assess and challenge process, risk and controls, identify emerging risks and issues, analyze large bodies of risk data, and communicate results in a concise and comprehensive manner to multiple stakeholders across the organization
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across the 1st and 2nd Lines of Defense and build collaborative relationships.
- Ability to build strong relationships with business partners and teammates and influence change.
- Experience executing targeted assessments and performing control testing of design and effectiveness.
- Preferred certifications include CPA (Certified Public Accountant) and CIA (Certified Internal Auditor)
- Experience with both US GAAP and Statutory Accounting Principles
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $117,600- $211,700*(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
.Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
To apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of USAA. Please note ComputerJobs - Texas Jobs is not responsible for the application process on any external website.