816 Camaron Street
Explore your passion with us!
Founded in 1988, Child Development Schools is headquartered in Austin, TX operating over 260 childcare centers in 11 states. Our three early childhood education brands are Childcare Network, Sunrise Preschools, and My Small Wonders. We proudly provide quality care and developmental education to over 30,000 children aged six weeks to twelve years.
We have a great opportunity for a Real Estate Analyst to join our growing company!
The Real Estate Analyst is responsible for assisting in the management of corporate real estate functions. Provides recommendations and real estate guidance based on research, data, and local market knowledge. Gives guidance towards the Company's efforts in strategically managing existing and future asset portfolio of 266+ locations across 10+ states. Core areas of focus will be on negotiating lease renewals, lease restructuring activities, and robust lease administration work necessary as the company modernizes its lease administrative functions through the incorporation of technology and reporting tools. Additional responsibilities and progression within the organization could include partnering with the development team in implementing the Company's future growth strategy (Acquisitions and In-Fill Development). The position will report to the Director of Corporate Real Estate.
- 5+ years of corporate and commercial real estate or property management experience or successful completion of a relevant industry focused internships
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Real Estate
- High integrity
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong work ethic
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Basic Financial Training
- Ability to manage contracts
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Communicates effectively to identify and resolve problems
- Excellent planning and decision-making skills
- Excellent computer literacy with strong command of spreadsheets and word-processing
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships with stakeholders and all levels of management
- Ability to Travel Independently (Upwards of 10% of Time)
Want to learn more about Child Development Schools? We're always looking for nurturing, innovative, and dedicated individuals to join us and explore their passion for child care and early education. Please click to join our Talent Network so we can keep in touch about other current and future opportunities!
Child Development Schools provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Works collaboratively across the organization to develop and execute on a robust Asset Management Program.
- Participate in establishing reporting standards to provide visibility to lease administration strategic decisions that need to be made in partnership with corporate and operational stakeholders (ie lease renewals). This would include development of a rolling 2-3 year Lease Expiration Summary report and ultimately presenting for approval an actionable plan to strategically address.
- Lead the Phase II transition period to ProLease as our primary Lease Administration platform including coordinating, collecting, and controlling legal documents from our respective property owners necessary to supplement our own legal files.
- Lead the drafting of Estoppel Letters and Coordination with large and small Landlord's ( LL ) alike to certify information is correct and incorporate such into ProLease.
- Lead lease restructuring efforts including the development of a renegotiation pipeline for assets determined to have long term value to the organization. Maintain accountability for delivering results that add value to the Company and maximize the monetization of the Company's asset portfolio.
- Partner with Director of CRED and Strategic Finance Department on closure and/or relocation strategy analysis for existing schools.
- Work closely with accounting department and other stakeholders to better manage and review NNN expenses along with analyzing and acting on opportunities for focused improvement.
- Partner with Facilities team within the department and operations partners in allocating, negotiating with LL's as necessary, and ultimately implementing a strategic minor capital expenditure program supporting the maintenance and growth of our business.
- Develop good working relationship with all landlords, and maintain a good network of brokers and developers.
- Produce and deliver all necessary reports, dashboards, analysis, or presentations to effectively communicate strategies and project status to Department Leadership and/or Senior Management.
Our Benefits Provide:
- Discounts up to 50% off childcare tuition
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance plans
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Leave
- Free access to online training
- Education assistance to pursue your degree
- 401K plan savings and investment plan with employer contribution