816 Camaron Street
Explore your passion with us!
Founded in 1988, Child Development Schools is headquartered in Austin, TX operating over 260 childcare centers in 11 states. Our three early childhood education brands are Childcare Network, Sunrise Preschools, and My Small Wonders. We proudly provide quality care and developmental education to over 30,000 children aged six weeks to twelve years.
We have a great opportunity for a Financial Analyst to join our growing company!
The Financial Analyst conducts quantitative analyses of information affecting budgets, expenses, and other financial projects of public or private institutions. Responsible for the preparation, coordination, and documentation of financial analysis projects such as financial and expense performance, rate of return, depreciation, working capital, and investments. Provides analysis for forward-looking financial and business-related projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-4 years of experience with financial planning and reporting at both corporate and business unit levels, financial modeling and analysis, and capital and cash budgeting.
- Ability to solve moderately complex issues and problems
- Analytical and financial analysis skills, including experience with performance management scorecards, and development of KPIs is a must
- Strong systems aptitude and proficiency, including expert Excel skills, Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is strongly preferred
- Previous experience working with a multi-unit, geographically dispersed team and a fast-paced entrepreneurial approach with all levels of employees within the company. This includes a track record of driving results by empowering people and collaborating
- Strong results orientation with a track record of meeting or exceeding business objectives
- Technical competence in US GAAP
- Strong problem solving and consulting skills with biases for action vs. analysis paralysis
- Highly intelligent and creative thought process (an out-of-the-box type thinker)
- A highly motivated team player that contributes to an atmosphere in which people work together enthusiastically and effectively in producing outstanding results.; Ability to influence others, provide contact management, drive collaboration and cooperation
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present analysis and findings in both verbal and written formats to all levels of management.
- Aptitude to develop with the organization creating career progression opportunities over time
Want to learn more about Child Development Schools? We're always looking for nurturing, innovative, and dedicated individuals to join us and explore their passion for child care and early education. Please click to join our Talent Network so we can keep in touch about other current and future opportunities!
Child Development Schools provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Creates, enhances, and distributes key financial and operational reporting to business and school leaders to help guide decision making.
- Supports in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Reviews financial and operational data and ensures accuracy; supports and contributes to month-end close and accrual activities.
- Develops presentations and other communications to business and school leaders, distilling complex financial concepts and numbers into legible KPIs, charts, and analyses for easier consumption.
- Develops, prepares, and maintains detailed financial models and other analyses and tools to improve accuracy with budgeting and forecasting and to support strategic initiatives.
- Gain deep understanding of the business and develops solutions to a broad mix of complex business challenges. Improves performance by evaluating business process improvements to drive efficiencies.
- Documents current functional processes and cross-trains colleagues on tasks as needed. Provides back-up support to other Finance team members as required.
Our Benefits Provide:
- Discounts up to 50% off childcare tuition
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance plans
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Leave
- Free access to online training
- Education assistance to pursue your degree
- 401K plan savings and investment plan with employer contribution