Purpose of Job We are seeking a talented Data Analyst Senior for either our San Antonio Home Office, Plano Campus, Phoenix Campus, Charlotte Campus, Colorado Springs Campus, Tampa Campus, or 100% Remote Work Environment.
We are seeking a talented mid-level candidate with digital measurement and analytics experience in the Banking industry who can drive improvements in digital measurability, analyze data for actionable insights, and promote findings across multiple business areas. The analyst selected for this position will get to work with a dynamic team of analysts, digital product managers, and developers. They will build measurement strategies and provide analytical decision support to solve complex problems. Job Requirements
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Leverages advanced business, analytical and technical knowledge to participate or lead discussions with cross functional teams to understand and collaborate highly complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Applies advanced analytical techniques to solve business problems that are typically medium to large scale with significant impact to current and/or future business strategy.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action' recommendations to answer the business objective and drive the appropriate change.
- Translates recommendation into communication materials to effectively present to various levels of management.
- Incorporates visualization techniques to support the relevant points of the analysis and ease the understanding for less technical audiences.
- Identifies and gathers the relevant and quality data sources required to fully answer and address the problem for the recommended strategy through testing or exploratory data analysis (EDA).
- Integrates/transforms disparate data sources and determines the appropriate data hygiene techniques to apply.
- Thoroughly documents assumptions, methodology, validation and testing to facilitate peer reviews and compliance requirements.
- Understands and adopts emerging technology that can affect the application of scientific methodologies and/or quantitative analytical approaches to problem resolutions.
- Succinctly delivers analysis/findings in a manner that conveys understanding, influences various levels of management, garners support for recommendations, drives business decisions, and influences business strategy.
- Provides subject matter expertise in operationalizing recommendations.
- Remains informed on current data and analytics trends, (Ex: Cloud, Data Mining, Python, Neural Networks, Sensor data, IoT, Streaming/NRT data).
- Identifies opportunities to continue to learn in the data and analytics space, whether informal (eg, Coursera, Udemy, Kaggle, Code Up, etc) or formal (eg Certifications or advanced coursework).
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative analytics field such as Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, Operations Research, Data and/or Business Analysis, Data Science or other quantitative discipline OR 4 years work experience in statistics, mathematics or quantitative analytics or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required.
- 6 years of data & analytics experience; OR 4 years of data & analytics experience and up to 2 years of progressive functional business relevant experience within the respective industry of responsibility (ie P&C, Bank, Finance, Marketing etc.) for a total of 6 years combined experience; OR advanced degree in quantitative analytics field such as Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, Operations Research, Data and/or Business Analysis, Data Science or other quantitative discipline and 4 years of experience in data/analytics or functional business experience within the respective industry of responsibility (ie P&C, Bank, Finance, Marketing, etc.).
- Demonstrates advanced skills in mathematical and statistical techniques and approaches used to drive fact-based decision-making.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools, data visualization, developing analysis queries and procedures in SQL, SAS, BI tools or other analysis software, and relevant industry data & methods and ability to connect external insights to business problems.
- Experience with new and emerging data sets, and incorporation (data wrangling, data munging) into new insights.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics and/or Glassbox .
- Deep expertise with digital/click-stream data and tagging .
- Strong relationship management and negotiation skills; ability to influence senior leadership and drive business results .
- Strong experience with complex problem solving and driving large scale transformation .
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200 - $175,000 .(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location).
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
.Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
To apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of USAA. Please note ComputerJobs - Texas Jobs is not responsible for the application process on any external website.