Why USAA? Let's do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nation's military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. We're working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. They're what guides everything we do - from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special! The Opportunity
As a dedicated Business Intelligence Analyst I, you will support the military benefits team, specifically in assisting the business with data support for benefits and protections afforded by the Servicemember Civil Relief Act.
Analyzes sophisticated business problems and incidents using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to analysts and decision makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Builds specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. May participate in consultation to users and in cross functional teams to address business issues. Prototypes solutions for displaying information based on business needs.
We offer a flexible work environment that requires an individual to be in the office 4 days per week. This position will be based in the San Antonio, TX Office. Relocation assistance is not available for this position. What you'll do:
- Independently participates in collecting sophisticated business requirements by partnering with customers to define the business problem and data needs.
- Applies an intermediate understanding of multiple data structures and sources to lead the development and implementation of business intelligence solutions, which may include data visualization, data transformation, or data collection.
- Works closely with IT execution teams on the development of analytic infrastructures, data engineering, or related business intelligence efforts. Includes collaborating on the design and implementation of technical standards and governance practices.
- Applies data visualization standard processes - often selecting the right data tool for the job' - to identify and interpret trends or patterns while following standard Enterprise branding.
- Understands the value of prototyping, usability, and the end-user experience to improve the impact of the final data visualization product (dashboard, report, insight, or analysis).
- Acts as a trusted data visualization advisor to the partner/end-user in order to drive business value. Develops advanced knowledge to influence relevant data, information, and application architecture decisions.
- Actively participates in industry, COE, or other discipline-relevant groups/panels to stay ahead of industry trends and share standard processes with team.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are optimally identified, measured, supervised, and controlled in accordance with risk and compliance policies and procedures.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative analytics field such as Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, Operations Research, Data and/or Business Analysis, Data Science or other business-related subject area; OR 4 years of related experience in statistics, mathematics or quantitative analytics or related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 4 years of experience in data/analytics or functional business experience within the respective industry of responsibility (ie P&C, Bank, Finance, etc.) OR advanced degree in quantitative analytics field such as Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, Operations Research, Data and/or Business Analysis, Data Science or other quantitative discipline with 2 years experience in data/analytics or functional business experience within the respective industry of responsibility (ie P&C, Bank, Finance, etc.).
- Experience identifying and implementing innovative approaches to address business problems and solutions.
- Experience developing business deliverables that leverage business intelligence platforms, data management platforms, or SQL-based languages (Tableau, Business Objects, Snowflake, Hadoop, Netezza, NoSQL, ANSI SQL, or related).
- Proven ability to build business knowledge through meaningful partnerships at the individual contributor, leadership, and EMG levels.
- Demonstrated advanced communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations to all levels of management.
- Proven ability to embed intuitive story telling within business intelligence solutions.
What sets you apart:
- Advanced SQL knowledge; complex query experience.
- Proven ability to dissect business requirements into data insights.
- Ability to work independently with new data sources.
- Experience with large account/transaction level data sets.
- Working Tableau knowledge preferred or other visualization tools.
- Working SAS knowledge.
- Snowflake experience.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What we offer:
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $78,670 - $141,570.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.