Purpose of Job We are seeking a talented Java Software Engineer - Intermediate Level for our San Antonio, TX or Plano, TX facility. This position may also have the option of working remotely in the U.S.
USAA values a work culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused deliverables. The actual days onsite are settled between each employee and the employee's manager.
Within defined guidelines and framework, provides support to the Enterprise through delivering best in class technology solutions. Engaged in all phases of the software systems and application development lifecycle which include gathering and analyzing requirements, designing, testing, documenting, and implementing software, responding to outages. Job Requirements
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
About USAA IT
Our most meaningful qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 13 million members who rely on us every day.
We're proud of USAA's strong history - and we're even more passionate about our future. That's why we have a team of supportive and collaborative hardworking technology professionals focused on doing more for our members. And why we're continuing to add innovative problem solvers to our team. With us, you'll find exciting challenges that inspire you to continue learning and growing.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Design, develop, code, and test technical solutions
- Write code to deliver features, and improvements, on a regular basis
- Investigates and resolve technical problems and production issues through troubleshooting techniques
- Continually improves operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Follows the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of experience beyond the minimum requirement can be used in lieu of a degree; OR Approved certification from CodeUp, Galvenize, VetFIT (Veterans for IT) or eFIT (Employees for IT)
- AND, 2+ years of software engineering/development experience utilizing Java with experience working with RESTful Web Service.
- 1 year of experience delivering technology solutions in all phases of the software systems and application development lifecycle.
- Knowledge and understanding of troubleshooting applications and systems within production issues.
- Ability to quickly understand applicable business acumen to provide appropriate Engineering solutions
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- 2+ years in REST frameworks with focus on API development
- 1+ years' experience integrating with backend services like JMS, J2C, ORM frameworks (Hibernate, JPA, JDO, etc.), JDBC
- Working experience with Gradle, GIT, GitHUB, GITLab, etc. around continuous integration and continuous delivery infrastructure
- Experience in development of automated tests and frameworks
- Experience with SAFe and scrum
The above description reflects the details considered vital to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective method for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this skill is: $72,900 - $131,400. (this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is Not Available for this position.
To apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of USAA. Please note ComputerJobs - Texas Jobs is not responsible for the application process on any external website.