Due to our success and increased business opportunities, we are looking for a Data Analytics Intern to provide technical and analytical support within the Stop Loss Practice. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high level of professionalism, possess the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, the flexibility to easily adapt to changing priorities and desire to engage in new opportunities to learn. This position is a full-time hybrid role that would report into our Plano, TX office. Flexible scheduling will be considered for students working around a class schedule.
- Understand data sources, processes, formulas, and output and be able to manipulate large volumes of data.
- Assist in the design, development, and deployment of data aggregation, report generation, and data analysis Alteryx workflows to analyze trends and manage department workload more efficiently.
- Create and deliver custom dashboards for internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with teams to understand data pipelines and provide impactful automated solutions to support organizational goals.
- Support ongoing data collection and reporting initiatives, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data.
- Exchange findings and solutions with colleagues across projects, sharing learnings and best practices.
- Work with end users to validate user acceptance testing and implement automated processes smoothly.
- Perform quality control and data validation checks on the various data sets.
- In pursuit of or having completed a bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Social Sciences, or related fields.
- Experience with Alteryx Designer, particularly ETL, data preparation and automation (Core Certification or beyond preferred, knowledge of Intelligence Suite and Server a plus).
- Experience with data visualization tools (Power BI).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, especially advanced Excel (index match, Power Query, VBA Macros).
- Familiarity with healthcare and stop loss/medical insurance datasets and terminology a plus.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated, ability to prioritize time-sensitive initiatives.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience manipulating and analyzing large data sets.
- Handles confidential information in the best interest of both client and company.
- Legal right to work in the United States; Visa sponsorship is not available for this role.