We are Xome, a real estate services company headquartered in the Dallas, Texas area. As a subsidiary of Mr. Cooper Group, we employ over 1,200 team members nationwide. The nation's largest financial services companies look to us for integrated and scalable business solutions that help simplify the mortgage and real estate process.
At the heart of everything we do is our purpose: To keep the dream of home ownership alive. If that sounds like a big, lofty goal, that's because it really is. And we can't do it alone. Our entire team is focused on helping create a stable and healthy housing industry. And, making sure the process of buying/selling a home doesn't undermine the excitement of home ownership. That's why we battle every day against the mediocrity of the status quo to simplify the complex world of mortgage servicing, lending and banking. We see ourselves as the experts who make doing business easier. While others bring complexity and a lack of transparency, we offer simplicity, trust, and visibility across the entire property lifecycle. And we deliver radical customer service.
Now, you might be wondering; how exactly do you pronounce Xome? Simple. ZOM (like home, if it started with a z)!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Directs the project throughout the life cycle, defining project objectives, aligning project resources to achieve goals and ensuring established timelines are accomplished.
- Coordinates with Business Partners, Business Analysts and Developers to identify and define specifications, indicate areas of system impact and continuously communicate project status and needs.
- Integrates Agile/Scrum principles into team practices and work products ensuring quality and continuous delivery.
- Proactively identifies impediments and appropriately resolves using network of peers and formal channels (including escalation if required) to make sure that team is able to deliver the project goals.
- Serves as Scrum Master for one or more teams and will be responsible for multiple projects and every part of the project lifecycle from kickoff, design, development, testing, and submission.
- Introduces new and advanced practices to improve the team and their delivery.
- Tracks the team against established KPIs to ensure efficient delivery and utilizes team feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity and work with the team to improve continuously.
- Coaches the team to improve collaboration and self-organization.
- Must employ certain techniques to the team and be a practitioner of Scrum best practices, organization and collaboration with the represented business areas and technical teams.
- Must have a good working knowledge of Scrum principles, practices and theory, as well as knowledge of patterns and techniques for filling the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (ie numerous burndown technologies, retrospective formats, processes for resolving bugs and defects, minimal viable product approaches).
- Individual should have experience with successful Agile techniques, such as User Stories, Storyboarding, User Review Sessions, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Automated Testing, Capacity Planning, Deployment Planning and Execution, etc.
- Individual will work with business analysts, designers, software engineers, and QA specialists to create and organize high-level requirements into user stories and tasks, manage and prioritize the product backlog, participate in Scrums, and validate delivered solution designs.
- Individual should feel equally comfortable describing recommended plan and progress against milestones to executives, as you would be discussing technical details impacting plan and milestones with engineers.
- Organize and facilitate various Agile ceremonies such as daily stand-up meetings, backlog grooming, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Collaborate with external clients and vendors as needed on requirements definition and feature development. Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of systems environments, such as production, development, and test, and release procedures.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects and mentor teams.
- Knowledge of and experience with Agile/Scrum SDLCs.
- Ability to communicate SDLC concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to manage and mentor people and multiple concurrent projects.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple work assignments with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to take initiative and maintain a sense of urgency.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member and as a leader.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or related experience.
- At least 5 years' experience with Information Technology.
- 5+ years' experience leading teams in Scrum and Agile methodology in an enterprise IT environment.
- CSM or CSP certification or PMI's Agile Certified Professional (ACP) preferred.
- Expertise in Azure DevOps or other agile tracking tools (JIRA, Confluence, Rally, VSTS).
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and tight deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communications skills, including the ability to synthesize storyline and adjust messages and style based on different audiences and agendas.
- Familiarity with modern software engineering techniques such as continuous integration, build, deliver, test-driven development and other automated acceptance testing techniques.
- Experience with communicating status and providing updates to executive level management.
- Experience with negotiating prioritization between Product Owners and Technical leadership.
- Experience working with agile methodology on large scale, technically complex projects for a large enterprise.
- Highly adaptable to a constantly changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse and a geographically dispersed teams.
- Must be self-motivated, as well as, creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems.
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions and able to deal with all levels of management and stakeholders.
- ome is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.