The Integrated Solutions Division is seeking a Senior Software Engineer in Las Cruces, New Mexico to execute the software engineering function, including the design, development, testing, troubleshooting, and debugging of lab software programs for enhancements and new software-intensive systems and products. This engineer will apply appropriate principles, standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the software development life cycle of various lab tools and the integration of external tools into the lab environment.
Duties include rapid development of tools, algorithms, and prototype capabilities to support quick-response R&D against emerging issues. The candidate will join a team of developers that in aggregate across the enterprise, engineer, test and develop tool prototypes to advance processing technologies, analysis support, and mission operations. He or she will leverage proficiency in software development using industry standard, open source, and emerging toolsets to perform rapid prototyping, experiment support and tool development to solve hard mission problems across multiple disciplines.
The candidate will interface with program, and lab leadership regarding critical matters impacting the lab, as well as project managers, systems engineers, and software developers across various disciplines on a regular basis, so good communications skills are a must. Candidate will be a self-starter with excellent organization and leadership skills.
- Perform software requirements analysis, analysis of hardware compatibility, development of software products and tools used for design, development and maintenance of prototypes
- Develop highly innovative solutions through research and integration of best practices
- Support enterprise lab efforts to innovate in high-performance computing.
- Support enterprise lab efforts to innovate in cloud and virtual environments, facilitating migration of frameworks, processing, and data into a cloud environment utilizing Docker, Nomad, Consul, Kubernetes, Jenkins, and other related tools
- Develop algorithms and software to correlate lab systems metadata and extracted content and correlate with external data sources to produce integrated data and results
- Leverage knowledge to support R&D product engineering, operations support and transitions to limited and baseline operations.
- Requires a BS degree in Electrical/Computer/Systems Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or related field and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience, or a Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to incorporate best practices in support of CI/CD pipeline activities.
- Knowledge and experience in COMINT, ELINT, and/or FISINT collection and processing
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of: signals applications, signal data processing, prototype development and supporting transition of prototype to limited or baseline operations.
- Knowledge of the HTTP 1.1, HTTP 2.0, HTTPS, and WebSocket protocols
- Advanced automated script design, coding, debugging, and maintenance skills (using bash, python, perl, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are required, as well as the ability to maintain professionalism in a diverse customer environments
- Must possess an active TS security clearance at a minimum with a current CI polygraph
- Significant experience with cloud native technologies and security services
- Experience with virtualized infrastructure environments (VMWare or equivalent)
- Experience with Containerization (Docker) and Container Orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure, and other cloud-based platforms
- PKI management and user authentication SIGINT processing experience
- Knowledge of SIGINT, GEOINT, and analysis experience.
- Knowledge of X-MIDAS software
- Security+ certification
Pay Range $101,400.00 - $183,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law. Original Posting Date:
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
To apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Leidos. Please note ComputerJobs - Texas Jobs is not responsible for the application process on any external website.