Responsibilities Peraton is seeking a mid-senior level Red Hat/Windows Systems Administrator
to provide infrastructure development services, anomaly resolution on multiple systems, and Tier 2 help desk support. The position is located at the White Sands Complex in Las Cruces, NM
Peraton is the prime contractor for NASA at the White Sands Complex (WSC) near Las Cruces, New Mexico. Operating here are two functionally identical satellite ground terminals: The White Sands Ground Terminal, and the Second TDRSS Ground Terminal. These ground terminals ensure uninterrupted communications between various ground stations, NASA's orbiting fleet of Tracking and Data Relay Satellites (TDRS), customer spacecraft (satellites), and the computer systems that support such spacecraft. WSC serves as an interface for distributing satellite data to control centers and scientists who then use the daily influx of data to expand our ever-growing knowledge of the Earth and the universe. In this role, you will be responsible for the following
- Assist in the design, development, and creation of real-time and high-performance LINUX and Windows systems integral to the first-ever optical communication link with a manned spacecraft.
- Assist with design, implementation, and maintenance of Red Hat and Windows systems.
- Assist IT Security Team with mitigating vulnerabilities of these systems to demonstrate NIST 800-53 compliance.
- Collaborate with technical engineering teams to identify, resolve, and mitigate system anomalies.
- Develop technical products and reports visible to various groups and levels of leadership.
- Support regular audits and assessments, demonstrate system compliance and risk mitigation to assessors.
Qualifications Required Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or other related technical discipline and 10+ years of related technical experience in Information Security and/or IT infrastructure; without a degree, 14+ years of directly related experience may be considered.
- 5 years' experience working with Microsoft Windows Systems.
- 5 years' experience MS Windows and Red Hat Linux administration
- 5 years' experience working with cyber (IT) security concepts.
- Security clearance - this position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance and to maintain the clearance thereafter. In order to obtain a clearance, you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
- An active Secret security clearance.
- VMS experience is strongly preferred.
- A Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA) certification
- Experience with embedded systems
- Experience with ITIL methodologies
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef or Ansible
- Familiarity with building or maintaining satellite ground systems.
- 2+ years of Python experience (professional use for automation strongly preferred)
- One or more of the following Red Hat certifications:
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in Deployment and Systems Management
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in Performance Tuning
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in Security: Linux
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in Advanced Automation: Ansible Best Practices
- Ability to work well individually and in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills.
Peraton Overview Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Target Salary Range $66,000 - $106,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors. EEO Tagline (Text Only) An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.