This posting closes at 5:00pm on the closing date.
Perform technical support for networking devices, system/network administration and provide technical guidance in problem analysis and resolution for LAN/WAN using standard industry networking utilities and tools.
Provide effective and reliable networking services to the County.
- Provide technical guidance for design, installation, configuration, and optimization of local and wide area networking systems.
- Provide support for network systems including problem analysis and resolution.
- Perform day-to-day administration of enterprise-wide network by monitoring network/server performance and troubleshooting/resolving problems related to wired/wireless infrastructure.
- Assist in the implementation of processes, procedures, standards, applications, technologies and tools that will increase the productivity and performance of the County's networking systems.
- Monitor and respond to hardware and software problems, using a variety of support tools and techniques.
- Design, configure and support enterprise-wide phone and voicemail systems.
- Performs technical support on networking devices and System/Network Administration, including setup of various services.
- Assist the Service Desk with trouble tickets reported by end-users.
- Respond to network, systems and security incidents, including 24x7 availability to respond to system problems and incidents.
- Provide project leadership and management for assigned projects, including leading internal and external resources, providing cost estimates, managing schedules and providing technical leadership to ensure projects are completed successfully.
Participate with other IT Infrastructure staff in the creation and management of the site topology, connections and system settings.
- Design and implement network topologies, storage architectures, workflows and system-wide phone call flows.
- Configure and manage multiple VPN connections to other sites.
- Support Windows Active Directory environment, VMware, SAN and VOIP systems
- Harden network infrastructure and systems.
Work as part of a team responsible for a variety of network protocols, including IP, EIGRP and OSPF, as well as router configurations.
- Conduct problem analysis, determination and resolution using standard industry networking utilities and tools.
- Maintain local hardware and software configuration of routers, network switches, firewalls, and VPNs.
- Interface with users, ISP and networking vendors, local team members and other IT teams.
- Produce network documentation, performance utilizations and capacity reporting.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES. Performs other related duties as assigned. Responsible for security in respective area.
Education. Associate degree in a related field (preferably in computer science).
Experience. Three (3) years of experience managing a high-availability network in an enterprise environment.
Education/Experience substitution. In accordance with County policy.
Licenses/Certifications. CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate), Network+, Security+ certifications preferred. Must maintain a valid driver's license.
Other (eg, post-offer medical exam, polygraph, background check, driver's license record, etc.). Must pass NCIC, background and driver's license record checks. Must maintain a satisfactory driving record in accordance with County policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Wireless infrastructure including P2P microwave
- Wired network infrastructure
- EIGRP, VLAN, 802.1x, VOIP, SIP, SCCP, DHCP, DNS, SSH, Telnet and SNMP
- Network hardware and software theory and operations (including layer 2 protocols as well as hardware architecture)
- IT security infrastructure including firewall, VPN, intrusion prevention systems and web filtering solutions
- Familiarity with Microsoft, Linux, and Cisco operating systems
- Basic understanding of data center electrical systems and electrical safety
- Work independently and with a team
- Work closely with the Service Desk and members of the IT Infrastructure team
- Implement and enforce security technologies and methodologies including: Firewalls, VPN, enterprise anti-virus software, Access Control Lists
- Ability to understand and communicate (written and verbal) with staff, users and vendors.
- Enterprise level IT infrastructure administrative techniques
- Providing excellent customer service
- Personal organization
ID Requisition Number:
Department: Information Services
Post End Date: 6/7/2023
External Company Name: Dona Ana County
External Company URL:
Street: 845 N. Motel Blvd