Families and Youth Innovations Plus is hiring a full-time Data Controller
This is a professional position which aids in administering and managing FYI+ quality improvement programs/initiatives in a manner consistent with FYI+ Strategic Plan to improve access to high-quality behavioral healthcare at a Las Cruces-based organization. The Data Coordinator works closely with the Program Evaluator to ensure data is collected appropriately to be used for analysis and evaluation. The position requires good organizational and time management skills, competency with technological applications, and the ability to work independently, and communicate effectively within the agency and with external partners. While data entry and manipulation skills are important for this role; the successful candidate must have the ability to summarize and interpret information verbally and in writing as well.
Attention to Detail
Planning and Organizing
- Runs reports in various applications, including Microsoft Excel and government reporting systems to monitor and prepare data to be used in evaluation of program performance.
- Use Excel, Google documents, or Business intelligence programs to look at trends and manage KPIs (key performance indicators).
- Create reports and present them to the department heads.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with state officials and other agencies if necessary.
- Support the data warehouse to identify and revise reporting requirements.
- Identify opportunities to improve data and business processes.
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques.
- Evaluate internal systems for efficiency, problems, and inaccuracies.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Performs data entry into various applications, including Microsoft Excel and SAMHSA's Performance Accountability and Reporting System (SPARS).
- May contribute to other research projects using existing healthcare data or surveys.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Public Health, or a related field or ability to demonstrate work experience equivalent to such a degree.
- Prior work experience as a data analyst or in a related field.
- Professional proficiency with data reporting packages, databases, and programming.
- Very strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Highly organized with good time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience collaborating with internal and cross-functional teams.
- Top-notch analytic skills, including data mining, evaluation, analysis, and visualization.
- Exceptional problem-solving ability.
- Ability to succeed in a collaborative work environment and work cross-functionally.
- Strong written communication skills including writing comprehensive reports.