Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career. The Data Developer
is responsible for delivering the vision of the department through process and development. Responsible for developing and delivering data warehouse infrastructure and integration in collaboration with architects, analysts and team members while working in an agile environment.
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as training and support locally and through our National Center.
is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you will Be Seen. Be Heard. Be Valued at the American Heart Association by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and at heart.org. Responsibilities Essential Job Duties:
- Develops data integrations and various ETL methods within the department standards for achieving maximum performance, compliance and efficiency of the Data Warehouse, Campaign Analytics, Azure and Salesforce ecosystems. By providing adhering to the principal guideline documents, Architecture Models, ETL Flow Models and Data Models set forth by management and Architects.
- Provide admin support to enterprise software systems such as Tableau Server, and UiPath RPA Servers as will as any integration software or other enterprise analytics systems.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of service-oriented architecture through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation and problem resolution. This will be achieved through the consistent review of issues and enhancements documented in the incident management and project management system.
- Maintain in-depth up-to-date knowledge of standards, guidelines, and industry trends for data development. integration and analytics trends as they relate to reporting and operations by attending user groups and researching new software vendors in the market.
- Champion data quality, integrity and reliability throughout the department by designing data flow models and promoting development best practices with best of breed automation tools.
- Provide mentoring to data analyst team members with issues needing technical expertise or complex systems and/or programming knowledge. Provide on-the-job training for new or less experienced data integration team members.
- Provide recommendations for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas by holding regularly scheduled reviews of code and monitoring software with the Architects within the team.
- Work with Data and QA analysts to ensure that data, environment, and code deployments meet the needs for Data testing.
Compensation & Benefits
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related area
- Five (5) years of experience developing and delivering business intelligence solutions and data architecture
- Five (5) years of experience working with SQL, SSIS, and other SQL based methods
- Business Intelligence Technology: SSRS, Power BI, Tableau,
- Four (4) years of experience applying Data Virtualization tools
- Five (5) years fluent in relational database concepts and flat file processing concepts
- Three (3) years comprehensive knowledge in software development lifecycle and methodologies (ie Agile)
- Three (3) years strong presentation and collaboration skills and ability to communicate job requirements, including formal written documentation
- Three (3) years of strong problem solving, time management, and organizational skills
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
- Compensation - Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base salary. That's why we regularly review the market value of jobs and make adjustments, as needed.
- Performance and Recognition - You are rewarded for achieving success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the type of position.
- Benefits - We offer a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being, we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
- Professional Development - You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Association's national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
- Work-Life Harmonization - The Association offers Paid Time Off (PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes several days off at the end of the year.
- Tuition Assistance - We support the career development of all employees. This program provides financial assistance to employees who wish to further their education and career in relation to their current duties and responsibilities, or for potential future positions in the organization.
The American Heart Association's 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality. At American Heart Association American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention. This position not a match with your skills?
Click here to see other opportunities.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities Location
US-TX-Dallas Posted Date
4 weeks ago (2/20/2023 2:45 PM) Requisition ID Job Category
Information Technology Additional Locations
Diversity Distribution US - Top 57 Position Type
Full Time Location: