Now is the time to join us and make a difference. Be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career.
The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Business Solutions Manager in our National Center office located in Dallas, Texas .
The Association offers many resources to help you maintain work-life harmonization through your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university, as well as training and support locally and through our National Center.
is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on work-life harmonization and our Guiding Values. Discover why you will Be Seen. Be Heard. Be Valued at the American Heart Association by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and at heart.org.
Essential Job Duties:
- Influences and applies technology solutions to business strategy. Leads development of business and technology roadmap to present needs to Business Technology (BT) and business leadership. Partners with the business and learns to represent business units goals, priorities and strategies to align with relevant technology and solutions. Maintains positive relationships with business executives to introduce, understand and improve how technology makes valuable contributions to accomplishing the business teams objectives.
- Develops, leads and monitors assigned business unit(s)' portfolio of technical initiatives. Produces effective, transparent communications to business and BT leadership on resources, priorities and progress. Assists business departments in developing RFPs, project budgets and manages actual business technology budgets where appropriate. Prepares and presents required reporting. Partners with business to identify initiatives, develop and measure ROI, as well as deliver adoption of technical efforts.
- Introduces business to new technology strategies, software, standards and enterprise best practices. Works closely with business leaders to understand and influence business strategies based on BT capabilities and potential technology solutions. Partners with BT operational partners and business on vendor identification, measurement of value metrics and KPIs and handles issues escalation and resolution.
- Translates purposeful business strategy into technology plans and stays current on BT innovation and architectural initiatives. Collaborates with BT Leadership, Solution Architects, and DevOps teams to match technology capabilities to business strategies and help make choices that balance speed-to-market and solution viability over an appropriate life-span. Partners closely with BT Development Managers Advances business strategies in the technology solutions conversation.
- Anticipates internal and/or external business challenges, understands external landscape and grows business strategy to incorporate technology needs. Recommends and explains technology concepts, risks of potential approaches, product functionality and improvements, with a focus on the highest value opportunities and solutions. Has awareness of technical approaches in use by other relevant non-profit or for-profit organizations.
- Provides input and identifies solution introduction and change management within the business to adopt and integrate the solution. Facilitates change management process.
- Collaborates and reviews project approaches with relevant BT managers to mitigate any potential challenges and helps ensure that all initiatives adhere to AHA standard policies and procedures and Business Technology and AHA governance. Acts as liaison to escalate technology strategy and approach to related business issues.
- Contributes to overall Business Technology strategic planning process. Ensures that all projects are in alignment with the overall AHA strategic vision and AHA architecture. Is an integral part of the ongoing technology budget prioritization and management process throughout the year.
- Provides significant feedback to BT leadership on business leadership satisfaction and process efficiency and improvement. Works across business units to identify enterprise needs and synergies.
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or related area of study.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in business management including leadership of technology needs.
- Experience developing and managing acceptance of technology strategic plans or implementation.
- Experience collaborating with management and leadership business partners to understand business need; high level tactical and strategy meeting facilitation.
- Business acumen with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong influencing, teamwork and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to find innovative solutions to business needs, recognizing that technology may not meet those needs.
- Ability to translate business needs into technology solutions and communicate practical terms and technology project solutions to business partners.
- Ability to facilitate and lead change management within business environment.
Here are some of the preferred skills we are looking for:
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Experience with Agile project management methodology
- Project Management, PMI certificate
Compensation & Benefits
The American Heart Association invests in its people. Here are the main components of our total rewards package. Visit Rewards & Benefits to see more details.
- Compensation - Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base salary. That's why we regularly review the market value of jobs and make adjustments, as needed.
- Performance and Recognition - You are rewarded for achieving success by merit increases and incentive programs, based on the type of position.
- Benefits - We offer a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, along with a robust retirement program that includes an employer match and automatic contribution. As a mark of our commitment to employee well-being, we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness program and telemedicine, and medical consultation.
- Professional Development - You can join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the Association's national online university, with more than 100,000 resources designed to meet your needs and busy schedule.
- Work-Life Harmonization - The Association offers Paid Time Off (PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The number of days will increase based on seniority level. You will also have a total of 12 paid holidays off each year, which includes several days off at the end of the year.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.