Job Summary: We are seeking an enthusiastic degree qualified engineer (or equivalent) to join a 5G network solution team in Killeen, TX. The successful applicant will receive exposure and experience working 5G radio, core and network technology including deployment and fielding of a Cell On Wheels (COW) solution with microware backhaul. The applicant shall have worked in a professional engineering environment, be familiar with engineering processes and possess a strong appreciation of systems engineering fundamentals.
Essential Job Functions: Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. Key Responsibilities: Requirements Engineering
- Definition and management of system level requirements.
- Management of Verification and Validation (VandV) evidence and understand the importance of traceability to customer requirements.
- Support lower-level decomposition of requirements traceable to customer requirements.
- Production of acceptance and selection criteria; and the technical evaluation of supplier responses.
- Experienced in design and review processes.
- Experience of managing technical queries, risk and the engineering change management process.
- Support engineering initiatives to improve engineering quality and adherence to engineering process.
- Support design reviews and workshops to gain acceptance of the designs from customer and project team stakeholders.
- Supports integrated master schedule with updates and critical path analysis.
- To capture voids in designs and present these to stakeholders.
- Excellent planning, communications, and co-ordination skills
- Excellent IT skills (working knowledge of OSI 7 Layer Network model, Cyber security practices, Virtual environments)
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications including Visio and MS Project
- Able to understand detail and a low level of fidelity in technical decision making.
- Familiarity with Jira
- Working knowledge of DevSecOps and CI/CD pipelines
- Excellent understanding of systems concepts, context, boundaries, interfaces, system hierarchy and the principles of system partitioning in order to help manage complexity.
- Good understanding of requirements engineering within Defense Projects.
- Broad knowledge of Systems Design methodologies
- Equivalent of bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline and minimum 10 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience and/or working knowledge of 3GPP standards and 5G architecture.
- Experience and/or working knowledge of National Instrument UHD Framework
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U. S. Citizenship status with ability to obtain a SECRET to TOP SECRET security clearance. Security Clearance requirements will be specified in the Government's Task Order.
COVID-19 vaccinations or booster requirements and testing are subject to the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements; testing is at the cost of the employee.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsi ilities that are required of the employee. The above is intended to describe the general contents of and requirements for the performance of this job.
Cole Engineering Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, membership in an employee organization, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local laws.