Citi's Internal Audit (IA) division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. IA is a change agent within Citi to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
IA maintains a Quality Assurance (QA) function that reports to the Citi Chief Auditor and the Group Audit Committee. The QA function provides independent assurance that IA has achieved and is maintaining appropriate standards of internal audit delivery (set against both IA's own internal standards and the Standards and Code of Ethics of the Institute of Internal Auditors).
The role involves close liaison with the global audit teams to ensure appropriate understanding, access to and the correct application of the IA methodology. With an overall objective to perform QA RIV audit activities that provide an independent assessment of IA activity specifically related to Citi's regulatory remediation projects and the OCC/FRB Citi Consent Order. This role will primarily focus on Compliance, Financial Crimes, Personal Banking and Wealth Management IA activity.
The role is based in Tampa/Irving, USA and will report to the QA RIV Director Compliance, Financial Crimes, Personal Banking and Wealth Management.
- Operate independently as a QA partner, supplemented by QA subject matter experts, to provide centralized QA support for key Regulatory Issue Validation projects across the Compliance, Financial Crimes, Personal Banking and Wealth Management Internal Audit (IA) teams.
- Lead QA reviews and provide assurance over the quality of IA's work via formal QA products including reviews of Issue Validation strategies and work papers.
- Assist with managing the pipeline of key regulatory projects requiring QA review; performing and ensuring consistency of QA's check and challenge of IA's validation work; identify thematic areas for improvement; assess regulatory validation methodology end-to-end, from receipt of exam letter to final IA validation.
- Collaborate with IA Learning & Development to lead and coordinate delivery of regulatory validation methodology training to auditors (and stakeholders, as needed), including tailored training if required.
- Support IA teams in regulatory matters, including review of responses to regulators and presenting directly to regulators as required.
- Support the QAD RIV - Compliance, Financial Crimes, Personal Banking and Wealth Management in fostering a strong QA partnership with the IA teams, sharing insights and value-added feedback to audit teams in relation to quality results, best practices, themes and trends.
- Provide day-to-day support and guidance to the assigned audit teams on methodology-related matters by leveraging experiencing and using professional judgement.
- Be a change agent in the continuous improvement program to deliver and maintain a best in class QA function, sharing best practices and lessons learned with the IA teams
- Assist with periodic ad-hoc projects (eg, research and development of QA specific training).
- Assist the QAD in reviewing key internal QA deliverables and external deliverables.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and meet strict deadlines, both internal and external (eg, regulators).
- Willingness to assist other QADs on an ad-hoc basis to ensure consistent utilization.
- 10+ years of experience in a related role
- Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) preferred
- Demonstrated success in business, functional and people management
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to remain unbiased in a diverse working environment
- Effective negotiation skills
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi ) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
To apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Citi. Please note ComputerJobs - Texas Jobs is not responsible for the application process on any external website.