At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it. Job Summary
Position responsible for programming operating systems and utility packages in support of development projects and business objectives. Job Description Minimum Qualifications Education:
Bachelor's Degree or
equivalent experience Licenses/Certifications:
- Strong problem solving skills
- Increasingly responsible experience with technical skills in a large, complex corporate Information System
- Working knowledge of mainframe, minicomputer, microcomputer, networking and telecommunications strategies, environments, equipment, operating systems, development tools and methodologies
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health" through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Installs, tests, debugs, customizes and tunes medium impact operating system and utility packages with some guidance.
- Completes projects according to established schedules and timeframes.
- Follows technical and documentation standards.
- Provides assistance to Applications and Operations staff in technical problem solving.
- Provides technical education classes for Operations and Applications staff.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.