Our mission is simple: we want to set people free to do meaningful work. People love our software-and it turns out that people love working here too. We've been recognized as a "Best Company to Work For" and we're proud of our team for creating software that makes an impact in the lives of HR pros and employees all over the world.
What You'll Do
Our ideal Software Engineer will be an integral contributor to the current and next generation of our APP. You'll be working on multiple projects to continue making us the #1 HR Software for SMB business. If you get a kick out of solving problems and building beautiful world-class software, then you will love BambooHR.
- Write code for back end processes, RESTful public web APIs, and, of course, our industry-leading website.
- Research technologies and engineer complete solutions to problems.
- Propose and implement performance optimizations and scaling strategies.
- Work with the rest of the team to integrate your projects into the application.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of our systems and processes.
- Work from the comfort of your home in North Carolina, for this growing company in Utah.
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- 3+ years of experience in web development
- Service Development in a language like PHP, Python, Java, or C#, and a desire to work in PHP 8
- Object-Oriented development
- MySQL - both SQL query language and database structure/design
- Version control software, preferably Git
What Will Make Us REALLY Love you
- We can see that you have a service-minded attitude
- Real-world examples of demonstrated technical leadership
- Experience in developing Software as a Service (fast release cycles that still support an existing userbase)
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related degree