Why Work for Park Lawn?Service
- At every level, our dedicated team members display a strong work ethic and commitment to our core values, respect for the family, the profession, and the individual.
- Work with leading experts in the funeral and cemetery profession.
- Financial assistance programs encouraging employees through education and development in industry related subjects.
- Robust Health and Welfare Plans, and savings account options, designed to support your personal needs, enhance well-being and help navigate life's challenges.
- Rich 401k and Roth Retirement Plan options available for both Full Time and Part Time employees along with a Company Match.
- Variety of Vacation, Personal Days and Sick Days based on your role emphasizing the importance of physical and emotional replenishment for our team.
- Employee Discounts on services, merchandise, and property to help our team members in their time of need.
- We value honesty, courage, integrity, ethical behavior and the development of personal growth.
- We are rooted in the communities to provide a personal touch to every family we serve.
- We believe in the value of funeral and cemetery service, drawing on decades of experience to create the best experience for our families.
A Senior IT Operations Specialist provides strategic support and guidance to the company's IT Operational infrastructure, including, but not limited to, software systems, procedures, training, and security. Essential Functions
- Collaborate with other IT Operations Specialists to understand and support our company's operational environment.
- Continuously build a working knowledge of the company's software systems and websites.
- Provide support and training for company's software systems.
- Provide support and training for company's websites and public facing assets.
- Support and implement defined improvements to the operational environment while identifying opportunities to improve the systems involved.
- Collaborates with programmers, developers, and other IT team members to explain errors and/or recommend modifications to company's software systems.
- Support and communicate IT policies, standards, and guidelines, and contribute to training and dissemination of such policies and practices to company's user base.
- Collaborates with other IT team members to research and resolve problems.
- Works with the CTO and IT Directors to facilitate a comprehensive IT Strategy.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications and Licensure
- Highly knowledgeable about the business and technology environments and must ensure that all users of infrastructure components understand the risk and impact associated with changes in the environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments at once, multi-task across projects, and effectively prioritize each.
- Focused on process development and adherence.
- Ability to see potential issues and risks and communicate them to the IT Team.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and fix infrastructure incidents and risks.
- Detailed knowledge of O365 capabilities and configuration.
- Able to travel 10 - 30% of the time depending on what office employee is based.
- Detail Orientation.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Customer Service Orientation.
- Time Management.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or equivalent job experience in lieu of degree.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT.
- Minimum of 3 years of supporting production corporate environments.
- College degree or some college or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years previous related experience.
- Valid state issued driver's license in good standing and acceptable driving record required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently. Bilingual is a plus.
- Effective and professional communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software products.
- Experience supporting multiple locations.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot technical and computer-related issues.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects, prioritize tasks, and exercise good judgement.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities. Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The duties associated with this position are generally performed in an indoor office setting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) required.
- Equipment used to perform the essential function of this position includes, but is not limited to computer, fax, copier, merchant terminal, multi-line phone system, personal or Company owned vehicle.
- Employees in this role are regularly required to climb, sit, stand, bend, kneel, and frequently lift to 25 pounds.
- Employee may be required to drive a vehicle while on Company business, maintain a good driving record and be insurable under Company vehicle insurance.
- This position may also require reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- This position may also be exposed to chemicals and/or blood borne pathogens. Exposure risk is considered: Low
- This position may require up to 30 percent out of area and overnight travel.
- Travel is based in the US and Canada and may require multiple night stays and weekends.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.