As an NRG employee, we encourage you to think creatively and proactively about your career choices. Our work environment is dynamic and the career opportunities across our businesses offer variety and challenge. Providing career growth to our own employees is critical to our ongoing success take charge of your career goals and empower your future!
Working with the corresponding business team members and the IT team, the candidate will utilize technical specifications and documentation to deliver technical enhancements to existing systems or deliver new custom solutions as a part of project delivery. Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
- Work with the Project team to translate business requirements into technical specifications and perform development tasks to deliver solution. Work closely with the team, business, architecture and Infrastructure groups to integrate the solution, while adhering to company project management and delivery standards.
- Tech leading of small to medium sized projects
- Works independently or in a team, to design, code, test, document and debug programs of moderate, to high complexity
- Perform code reviews in less senior or peer programmer's code
- Provide coaching/mentoring to less experienced Analysts
- Analyzes test case results using problem solving techniques as well as making suggestions for correction or optimization
- Document technical specifications and successfully transition the support of the application or new functionality, to the Application Service Delivery group, for production support purposes
- Train the business on the use of the new functionality and/or systems
- Maintain documentation as system changes take place
- Work with the team to support existing systems already in place
- Provide optimal business system solutions from both a business and an IS perspective
- Provide technical/business leadership to Business Analysts, Systems Analysts, Programmer Analysts, Application Analysts and Database Analysts
- Hybrid role with some in office work requirement
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited educational institution (preferably in Computer Sciences, MIS or Mathematics) is required
- 5-7 years of experience working on Microsoft .net Based Technologies
- 5-7 years of experience in designing, coding, testing and debugging using Microsoft Tools.
- 5+ years of experience working with SQL Server DB and tools.
- 5+ years of working with webAPI, Entity Framework, MVC and other related technologies
- 2-3 years of experience working with Angular
- 3+ years of experience Azure DevOps, maintaining, merging, building and deploying code.
- Experienced in database design, performance evaluation and tuning, development of stored procedures, and referential integrity.
- Good knowledge of performance tuning applications
- Expert knowledge of IT architecture development and implementation tools and trends.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, detailed oriented environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Why NRG is a great place to work:
- Experience in Agile Programming Methodology is an asset.
- Knowledge of Energy industry concepts is a plus
Great company culture Voted as a BEST employer by Forbes
A competitive total compensation package, including annual incentive and/or commission
Stock Purchase Plan
Benefits on the first day of employment - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Short Term Disability, Wellness program, etc.
Company-paid life insurance and disability insurance
401 (k) plan to help save for retirement
Generous PTO plan, plus 8 company holidays, and 3 floating holidays
Numerous discounts, including electricity discounts on NRG brands
The salary range for this role is $99,000 - $145,000. Pay is based on several factors, including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at )
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Talent.