Microsoft's mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
Microsoft's Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. CO+I is responsible for delivering over 200 Microsoft web portals, Live and Online Services around the world including infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide.
Within CO+I, the Datacenter (DC) Availability Improvement Team is responsible for ensuring the uptime, reliability, and availability of Microsoft's cloud business datacenters. Microsoft has a portfolio of datacenters globally and and we are looking for a Program Manager, Datacenter Availability Risk Management to manage our Technical Services Bulletin (TSB) portfolio with our leased datacenters worldwide.
- 7+ years relevant mission critical technical experience in engineering, product/technical program management, data analysis, or product development
- OR Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Data Analytics, Materials Engineering, Reliability Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field AND 3+ years mission critical technical experience in engineering, product/technical program management, data analysis, or product development
- OR Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Data Analytics, Materials Engineering, Reliability Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field AND 2+ years mission critical technical experience in engineering, product/technical program management, data analysis, or product development.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Ability to extract and summarize large, complex data from multiple databases and systems
- Adept at using data analysis tools and techniques such as PowerBI, Kusto Queries, SQL
- Familiarity with lease contracts and Statement of Qualifications (SOQs)
- Familiarity with International Standard Organization (ISO) standards and procedures
- Familiarity with continuous improvement tools such as Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA), Material and Information Flows, Supllier Input Process Output Customer (SIPOC), process workflows.
Reliability Engineering IC3 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $94,300 - $182,600 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $120,900 - $198,600 per year.
- Author TSBs including coordinating with partner teams to ensure a sound technical change is requested.
- Partner heavily with Datacenter Critical Environment Field Service Engineers (CEFSEs) to coordinate implementation of TSBs ensuring compliance within the contract terms.
- Track projects and establish dashboards to provide status of Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) implementation projects at leased Datacenters.
- Coordinate with project stakeholders to ensure timely implementation of action items at all affected sites.
- Work with lease team leadership on any communications pertaining to availability risks across the global portfolio.
- Work with internal Microsoft teams to collect and compile TSB metrics and scorecards for datacenters in our lease portfolio.
- Train and coach teams on objective Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and drive projects working with Operations site and Regional leadership to establish improvement initiatives.
- Establish a close working relationship with cross-functional teams in the lease operations and engineering.
- Lead process improvement initiatives with partner teams, identifying where new tools, methods, and processes can be implemented to reduce TSB implementation time and workload.
- Drive global standardization and consistency of processes, procedures and reports with Datacenter Engineering (DCE), Datacenter Development (DCD), Operations and other partner teams.
- Embody our culture and values.