As a Product Manager at Material Security, you'll work directly with our founders to lead major parts of Material's product roadmap. You'll set direction by working directly with customers, and make plans come to life by leading a cross-functional team of design, engineering, and go-to-market. Your mission is to deliver massive customer and business value by shipping the right product at the right time.
- Generate and shepherd creative ideas, both large and small, that bring value to customers and the business.
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering and design to ship product experiences that customers love.
- Stay hands-on with customers to keep them happy today, while gaining insight for future ideas.
- Partner closely with go-to-market teams to make sure potential customers understand how the product can benefit them.
- Thoughtfully prioritize to maximize the impact of engineering effort.
- Bring curiosity, positivity, and an entrepreneurial approach to each day.
What we're looking for
- Technical Acumen: Material product managers work closely with engineering to understand technical tradeoffs and their impact on the product. Being comfortable in the code is a plus, but not required.
- Product Sense: Our favorite product managers bring together insights from every corner (customers, engineering, design, and go-to-market teams) to design and build the best product experience.
- Curiosity: The best candidates understand that creativity and growth start with a curious, humble mindset and asking thoughtful questions.
- Ownership: The best product managers take the responsibility of delivering a successful product to heart, and step in wherever needed, even if crossing typical role boundaries; they never shy away from the details nor lose sight of the bigger picture.
- Communication: Effective communication to any audience (company leadership, engineering, customers, and more) is key to success in this role.
- Attitude & Ambition: The best candidates are smart, hard working, competitive, and not afraid to fail. They are team first but willing to take the lead with minimal guidance and supervision.
Material Security is a remote-first workplace with an office in Redwood City, California.