Microsoft's mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the team behind one of the World's largest Cloud Infrastructures, responsible for powering all Microsoft online Products and Services as well as powering Microsoft's Cloud First mission. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide.
CO+I is seeking a Principal Datacenter Efficiency Analyst to optimize our Data Center Operations by focusing on technical staff efficiency. This role is focused on enhancing efficiency, streamlining processes and procedures, leveraging software tools, prioritizing software tool enhancements, and driving accountability to improvement roadmaps. The candidate will apply their broad understanding of data center operations and capacity management to create strategies that ensure the technical team is staffed and utilized effectively in leased and owned facilities. This role involves enhancing service quality for our customers while promoting the best use of our technical workforce.
- Bachelors Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Analytics, Engineering, Computer Science, Business, Economics or related field AND 9+ years experience in data analysis and reporting, business intelligence, or business and financial analysis
- OR Masters Degree in Mathematics, Analytics, Engineering, Computer Science, Business, Economics or related field AND 7+ years experience in data analysis and reporting, business intelligence, or business and financial analysis
- OR equivalent experience.
- 5+ years project/program management experience in large-scale mission critical operations.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- Expertise in data analytics, with the ability to turn large scale data sets from multiple databases and systems into actionable insights.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence at various organizational levels.
- In-depth understanding of data center operations, including physical infrastructure, hardware, systems, and the specific role of technical staff.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
Business Analytics IC6 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $152,300 - $266,800 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $194,800 - $292,200 per year.
- Develop and implement strategies that enhance the efficiency of our technical team within the data center operations, ensuring service levels meet or exceed expectations.
- Lead complex projects and initiatives designed to reduce operational costs, elevate productivity, and mitigate downtime, all while considering the optimal use of our technical staff.
- Develop and implement strategies to streamline processes and procedures, reducing redundancies and maximizing productivity.
- Leverage existing software tools and prioritize enhancements to these tools to increase operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Drive change management initiatives that ensure a smooth and successful implementation of strategies designed to improve business operations and technical staff efficiency.
- Analyze and interpret operational performance data and metrics to identify areas of improvement, productivity, and overall effectiveness and make data-driven decisions.
- Foster collaboration and maximize the contributions of a globally distributed team of data center technical staff and subject matter experts.
- Collaborate with regional leadership to develop and deploy leased data center staffing plan to address risk management in operational environments.
- Stay informed about the latest trends and technologies in data center operations and workforce management to discover opportunities for innovation and improvement.
- Embody our culture and values