NC Programmer FLSA Status:
Hourly Non-Exempt Group:
Regular - Full Time Department:
Operational Support Location:
Houston, TX About Cooper Machinery Services:
Cooper Machinery Services provides natural gas compression equipment and services to customers globally in the Oil & Gas, Power, Transportation, and Marine sectors. With a proud heritage dating back to 1833, Cooper Machinery Services is the OEM for legendary product lines including Cooper-Bessemer, Ajax, Superior, Gemini, TSI, CSI, Enterprise, and Joy. Headquartered in Houston, TX, but with commercial and services hubs around the world, Cooper Machinery Services provides world-class services to more than 22,000 units in its installed base.
Our strength is our people. Each employee plays an integral role in our success and growth. With a commitment to our vision that strong relationships drive strong results and better business, our people make Cooper Machinery Services legendary. Job Overview:
The NC Programmer will develop manufacturing processes and CNC programs for new products and improvements on existing products to achieve safety, quality, on time delivery, and productivity goals. This position will play a lead role in developing, improving, and integrating processes associated with the site manufacturing processes. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform NC programming utilizing Unigraphics and Edgecam software.
- Develop tooling solutions, as needed, both cutting tools and fixturing
- Be involved in solving manufacturing and quality issues utilizing root cause and analysis tools and implementing correct actions.
- Assist with operator training initiatives and participate in development of operator training programs.
- Assist with troubleshooting and debugging machining equipment, communicate problems and develop solutions to fix and improve the process.
- Contribute new ideas and positive support to the current process by implementing safety, quality, and productivity actions in order to improve the process.
- Assure CNC program downloading-uploading to the machines
- Optimize CNC programs for cycle time reductions.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and understand NC machine code (M and G code programming) and related tools including CAM software (Edgecam preferred), writing CAM source code, solid modeling (Unigraphics preferred) and cad tools (ACAD preferred)
- Demonstrated proficiency interpreting engineering drawings (machining and assembly) including geometrical tolerancing and metrology skills.
- Technical writing ability in the area of methods and written instructions in the programs
- Knowledge in CNC machines with Mazatrol and Fanuc controls
- Proficiency in MS Office tools, specifically Excel (including macros)
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team player.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Associates degree with minimum 2 years of CNC manufacturing experience OR a High School/G.E.D with minimum 4 years of CNC manufacturing experience
Cooper Machinery Services is an equal opportunity employer and gives all qualified applicants consideration of employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Other details