We're looking for an entry level Analyst to join our team. The Systems Support Analyst is skilled in the management and support of oil and gas operational systems applications for various business groups such as Engineering, Measurement/Operations and Environmental Safety and provides support services to business users. The Analyst is responsible for maintaining and monitoring the application(s) environment to maximize availability and performance, provide troubleshooting and corrective action to resolve business issues, and ensures the usability and support for application enhancements and bug fixes. The Analyst will assist with all onboarding tasks for any new applications that need to be onboarded and fall under the Operational Systems vertical. Although the Analyst position is not a pure development role it will require the use of some development/programmer competencies to complete work efforts. Seeking a talented and experienced software professional with the willingness to learn new technology and provide support on new software applications for the company. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Maintain end-to-end understanding of functional aspects of application and associated business processes
- Provide functional and/or technical direction/assistance for assigned applications.
- Monitor incoming service requests and incidents for assigned applications.
- Investigate and diagnose service requests or incidents according to their priority/rank, and identify the resolution and/or issue
- Work directly with users to identify and resolve issues adversely impacting business processes
- Define technical solutions ensuring considerations for system stability, performance, and ongoing maintainability
- Adheres to and champions the IT Governance programs (eg change management, communication, and release management)
- Complete high-level designs and associated estimates to meet defined requirements
- Monitor application backlog (service requests, incidents) and keep open items updated with current efforts
- Maintain documentation (run books, technical design, build, deployment, install guides) and process standards in area of responsibility along with regular audits to validate accuracy
- Assist team members handling major incidents for assigned applications; identify the root cause and short- or long-term solutions
- Prevent the replication of problems across multiple systems by sharing lessons learned and best practices with other team members and IT Management
- Develops customer relationships by making efforts to listen and understand the customer; anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, and/or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Experience with developing solutions in different applications
- 2+ years of experience supporting business applications.
- 1+ years of experience report writing.
- 1+ years of experience in application development or a programming language
- Familiarity with ITIL concepts and the ability to follow problem, change, and incident management processes and procedures
- Interpersonal communication skills are required to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
- An organized and detail-oriented self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work self-sufficiently given direction and resources.
- Well-grounded, preferring to work in a collegial and team environment.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems independently and exercise excellent judgment and common sense.
- Intermediate computer skills (Proficiency in MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong systems aptitude and process orientation - ability to learn a variety of systems in the oil and gas industry.
- Familiarity with ITIL concepts and the ability to follow problem, change, and incident management processes and procedures.
- Experience delivering solutions that align with business strategies.
- Experience troubleshooting complicated issues across multiple systems and driving to solutions.
- Experience supporting resources performing user acceptance, regression and other required system tests, ensuring that system and/or related integration issues that arise are identified, researched and closed in a timely manner.
- Experience providing technical solutions to non-technical individuals.
- Willingness to travel to company locations (up to 5%)
- Regular and reliable attendance
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- ITIL v3 Foundations certified
- Familiarity with Waterfall and Agile development methodologies
- Candidate should have a well-rounded understanding of the development life-cycle, and a proven track record of designing, coding, and delivering functionality/applications for client
- Familiarity with reporting services or technologies such as SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Power BI
Targa Resources provides equal employment opportunities based on merit, experience, and other work-related criteria and without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, age, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. We also strive to provide reasonable accommodation to employees' beliefs and practices that do not conflict with Targa's policies and applicable law. We value the unique contributions that every employee brings to their role with Targa.