The mission of the Project Manager at HVJ is to assure client satisfaction through preparation of quality reports that address the specific project requirements and meets or exceeds client expectations while achieving our financial goals and increasing the firm's success by providing visibility of the firm in the marketplace. Main areas of responsibilities include:
- Achieve required project financial goal.
- Perform project work per firm quality requirements. Sign/seal technical reports.
- Forecast project beginning, schedule and profitability.
- Develop and implement actions needed to achieve or exceed project goals.
- Manage projects meeting HVJ financial goals and quality standards.
- Prepare proposals including detailed cost estimates.
- Identify prime and subconsultant opportunities and pursue wins as part of a team led by the Branch Manager. Support opportunity pursuits through providing project and technical approach information.
- Guide and mentor junior staff.
- Team Building.
Additional Key Expectations
- Perform geotechnical engineering as required to meet client needs
- Track project expenses to ensure actual work is performed within budget
- Invoice projects on timely manner so that payment for services is received according to the terms of the contract.
- Write/review/seal final reports prior to submittal to the client for completeness and accuracy
- MSCE (preferred) or BSCE with emphasis in geotechnical engineering.
- Professional Engineer license in the State of Texas with a minimum of 6 to 8 years of direct experience in Geotechnical Engineering.
- The candidate must be willing to relocate to West Texas area if needed.
- Experience in TxDOT projects is required.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Valid Texas Drivers License with no history of accidents or alcohol/drug related traffic offenses and valid right to work documents.
To apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Engineering Services. Please note ComputerJobs - Texas Jobs is not responsible for the application process on any external website.