It's an exciting time to join Fisher Investments; we're investing in the future of our firm's technology and information security. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled team that promotes future global growth through strategic solutions and progress. We are important to supporting our firm's diverse businesses, and we're excited to continue solidifying that foundation as we add more experienced technologists to our Technology team.
We are looking for a Solution Architect to plan the cloud architecture and solution design of enterprise data warehouses/data marts and analytics as part of a collection of systems in a large technology ecosystem. You will report to the Application Development Team Leader.
As a Solution Architect, you will perform administration of our Azure data and analytics platform to ensure smooth system operations and be the guide for architectural principles and standards. As a technical expert for our data and analytics ecosystem. You will support Fisher Investments business line reporting teams, Technology Business Services Data Services teams, 3rd party vendors, and implementation partners. This hands-on role will provide direction to other developers of data warehouse workloads.
You will help align department-wide solutions to Fisher's enterprise priorities and survey the technology landscape and guide the evolution of current environment to support future capabilities and requirements. You will be a part of the team that plans the technology to ensure capacity and scalability as demand and usage evolves.
- Work with business and technology partners to analyze how the data warehouse and analytics architecture will meet our goals
- Evaluate all proposed requests to determine fit with data warehouse and analytics architecture
- Own data warehouse and analytics technical platform on Azure, from implementation to enhancements and ongoing operations
- Develop and coordinate cloud data solution architecture across diverse groups and areas including enterprise architecture, application development, identity and access management, network and data management
- Develop on premise to cloud (Azure) migration strategy and solutions for several on premise database applications and BI platforms
- Provide technical direction to database, application developers
- Develop cloud security and access control solution/policy, data and BI standards, guidelines and best practice for business groups and technical teams
- Ensure metadata (data catalog) are tracked for all data objects in the platform
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting activities for data warehouse and BI platform on Azure and resolve issues
- Review system application logs and identify potential issues and improvements
- Perform capacity planning, cloud cost analysis and optimization and provide recommendations to management
- Provide after-hour system and application support
- Develop multiple work plans for projects and prepare appropriate status reports and submit them to management
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a solution architect focusing on data and cloud services or cloud developer with direct experience with data warehouse and BI design, implementation, and operation
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science or related field or a combination of technical skills, cloud, operating system, networking, security, data modeling and BI background
- Experience with cloud data warehouse and analytics technologies, specifically Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Storage, Power BI and SQL Server (SSIS and SSAS)
- Knowledge or experience with infrastructure (operating system and networking) and cloud administration
- Experience with investment management systems and processes
- Azure certifications (data related) preferred
- Experience with Agile methodologies in a cloud, database, data warehousing and BI space desired
Why Fisher Investments:
We work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. We take great pride in our inclusive culture, our learning and development framework customized for every employee, and our Great Place to Work Certification. It's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible, and we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 10 paid holidays (*17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time for California employees)
- Family Support programs including 8 weeks Paid Primary Caregiver leave, adoption assistance and back-up child care
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER