Description Robert Half is partnering with a company in the Wholesale Distribution industry to find a Database Administrator. If you are an efficient problem solver with highly tuned decision-making skills, this may be the position for you. The Database Administrator will be located in Fort Worth, Texas and is a long-term contract/contract/temporary to permanent opportunity.
- Ensure database server topology, configuration, and maintenance are designed and executed to meet SLA objectives
- Monitor for deviation in baseline system performance, and advise on and execute improvements to slow running queries
- Install, configure, and maintain all relational database instances across development, staging, and production environments
- Advise on database design, tuning options, and other potential issues
- Figure out the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Restore databases as service outages occur, including after hours and weekends
- Configure monitoring utilities for databases to keep false alarms to a minimum Requirements - Aptitude for adjusting queries to improve performance
- Strong knowledge of relational database management systems
- Understanding of production environments and being on-call
- Storage and server hardware experience a plus
- 4+ years of database experience
- Relevant background in building and maintaining documentation
- Expertise in VMware
- Microsoft Windows Server experience
- SQL Database experience desired Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.
Robert Half is the world's first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app () and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.