RESPECs Data and Technology Services business unit (DTS BU) seeks a High Performance Computing (HPC) Systems Administrator to work with our client in the Carlsbad, NM area. We are looking for an entry-level or mid-level professional to work with a senior staff member to perform/assist with the following:
- Maintain and administer computer support and provide technical support for mission essential computer systems on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain and administer an archive/backup/and disaster recovery solution/system on Windows, Linux, and Solaris using Zmanda/Bacula.
- Administer Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Solaris Servers including support of web servers, file servers, execution servers, database servers, document management server and software.
- Assist with all client mandated tasks and requirements, including maintaining the network and security firewalls required by the client. Generate appropriate documentation to verify that all requirements are being met. Ensure that networks are safe from improper access involving servers in the clients office.
- Install, administer and support various system and application software.
- Become proficient in scripting on all platforms: Bash, Bourne, C-shell and Python on the Solaris and Linux systems. Installing and maintaining Oracle Grid Engine on Solaris and Slurm on Linux. Compiling Fortran and C applications on Solaris and Linux. Knowledgeable of parallel computing structure.
- Assist in managing Dell Linux cluster using Bright Cluster manager.
- Assist in maintaining and administering network connectivity between geographically separated client offices.
- Programming and management of network switches, routers and firewalls.
- Provide documentation at least monthly on the work undertaken for the customer.
- Maintain and provide on request documentation pertinent to the set up and maintenance of computer systems and their software, particularly those tasks which specific to operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline and at least 1 year of experience relative to the requirement OR 6 years of related experience in lieu of a Bachelors degree or a non-relevant Bachelors degree.
- DOE Q or L clearance eligible
- Only United States Citizens are eligible to obtain and maintain a US Government Security Clearance. Therefore, US citizenship is required for this position. Non-citizens do not qualify and will not be considered or interviewed.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- 50% Travel to Carlsbad, NM required Only if candidate is located outside of the Carlsbad area
Salary depends on experience and expertise. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, dental, holidays, paid leave, 401(k) plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period. Interviews:
Interviews will be by appointment only.
Compensation for the role will depend on several factors, including a candidate s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, dental, holidays, paid leave, 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster. Please do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
To apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of RESPEC Inc. Please note ComputerJobs - Texas Jobs is not responsible for the application process on any external website.