What We're Looking For
At HNTB, you can create a career that is meaningful to you while building communities that matter to all of us. For more than a century, we have been delivering solutions for some of the largest, most complex infrastructure projects across the country. With our historic growth, it is an exciting time to join our team of employee-owners.
This opportunity entails being responsible for the production and modification of design calculations, technical reports, engineering plans and specifications for assigned projects. This position consults with the project manager to perform research, development, calculations, design and delivery. Applies engineering techniques, procedures and design criteria for projects ranging in size and complexity. Leverages technical knowledge and experience to address design related issues or concerns, working closely with the project manager through creative problem solving, interactions with clients and by completing tasks to meet the project schedule. Develops conceptual and detailed designs and calculations to support the project completion using current drawing and technical tools, programs and software. May mentor, train and review work of junior engineer staff and provide constructive feedback. As a member of the team, you will contribute to the successful project delivery for a diverse range of projects for HNTB's clients What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Responsible for the planning and distribution of discipline-specific work, and adherence the to the schedule and budget on projects.
- Assists in marketing responsibilities, including proposal generation.
- Assists with the development of scope of work and level of effort for projects and/or assignments within discipline.
- Oversees completeness and accuracy of project team's work within the technical discipline. Guides and mentors team to overall project objectives.
- Coordinates technical aspects of project with client counterpart and teaming partners at staff level for work within the discipline.
- Works closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and 6 years of relevant experience, or
- Master's degree in Engineering and 5 years of relevant experience, or
- PhD in Engineering and 4 years of relevant experience
What We Prefer:
- Understands the impacts of decisions on technical design and work planning.
- Coordinates work planning and design effectively across multiple technical disciplines.
- Prepares high quality deliverables that are on time, and within budget and scope.
- Master's degree in Engineering
- 8 years relevant experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification
- OpenRoads Designer experience
- LGPP experience
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:
HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement fees. Job Type:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full time Job Category:
Engineering Group ReqID: