Job Title: Software Engineer IVIntroduction:
Are you an exceptional engineering leader, with deep experience designing and building cloud-based applications? Do you have a passion for developing software that drives both development teams and the business?
Become the newest technical leader in Toshiba's Digital Solutions group. This position will focus on building the payment processing applications on top of our cloud native platform using Microservices and OpenAPI. This opportunity will provide the candidate the chance to work on a microservices based platform and help code, lead and design functional deliverables of our payment processing and data solutions applications.
You'll be working alongside other experienced engineers and developers, collaborating on the various layers of the infrastructure for our platform. Qualified candidates will have strong leadership, be forward thinking, self-motivated and bring excellence to the development and customer experience. This position will lead the work of other developers both in RTP and in our Mexico development center.Basic qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years professional experience in software development
- 3+ years of cloud based or client/server development experience.
- Ability to convert technical specifications from the design team or third-party vendors into software implementation.
- Experience building and supporting cloud based and client/server applications.
- Strong analytical and Java programming skills
- Strong programming and analytical skills, problem determination and debugging, attention to detail, teamwork and excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of software development concepts/methodology/life cycle, especially Agile methodology
- Proficiency with code versioning tools like Git
- Proficiency with Windows- and Linux-based operating systems, including software installation, light administration and simple scripting.
About the Company:
- Knowledge of Swagger and REST design
- Working knowledge of network communication using sockets and HTTP
- Experience with retail technologies and payment processing software
- Knowledge of cloud computing technologies
- Working knowledge of Azure
- Knowledge of non-relational databases such as MongoDB
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion-dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe's Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ's, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let's get together to drive the new economy. EEO:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email email@example.com to request an accommodationDIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION:
We at Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions firmly believe that our people are an integral part to the success of our customers. Furthermore, we're committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for all our people as highlighted by our 5 Core Principles (Create Outreach, Foster Belonging, Unleash Opportunity, Diverse Cultural Engagement and Culture of Transparency). We're passionate about our customers the retail industry and becoming a more responsible company as we help create a brighter future
To apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions. Please note ComputerJobs - Texas Jobs is not responsible for the application process on any external website.