Electronic Transaction Consultants, LLC ( ETC ) is a leading provider of smart mobility solutions, including electronic tolling and related operations and maintenance services and Intelligent Transportation Systems. Since 1999, ETC delivers innovative solutions to improve safety, operational efficiency, and provide high levels of customer service. We are a recognized expert in the field of information systems for the transportation industry. Today, we service three of the top 15 toll authorities in the United States. Our solutions process over two billion toll transactions per year at some of the leading agencies in the industry.
We are experiencing steady growth in this $20B industry as government agencies look for new ways of making roadways safer, covering the costs of construction and maintenance, and optimizing traffic flow. Join ETC as a Job title here to help us deliver technical excellence and outstanding customer service in a team environment, where each member radiates our core values of integrity, excellence, collaboration, innovation, and passion. Our corporate office is located in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex and Richardson, TX specifically.
This opportunity is for someone to work at the corporate office hybrid schedule coming into the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays to work, attend meetings and events.
The Software Delivery Manager's primary responsibility is successful system delivery. Accountable for leading and managing development resources by setting clearly defined attainable goals for the team to complete projects on time, within budget, and meeting Systems Development Metric Goals in software quality. Possess high level of competency in software design and development, task estimation, resource planning and allocation, and project status tracking & reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position includes the following duties.
- Manage the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process.
- Lead the software development team to meet Systems Development Metric Goals.
- Provide technical leadership on ETC's core product development initiatives.
- Participate in proposal development with specific focus on the technical response sections.
- Provide coaching and mentoring for direct reports' leadership development and career advancement.
- Understand the project resource needs and match to development pool and make project assignments.
- Monitor individual employee's performance and provide timely performance feedback.
- Conduct scrum meetings.
- Provide resource management services to the ETC Program Management Office (PMO).
- Collaborate with ETC Central Support Manager on systems support transition and post go-live software maintenance.
- Partner with ETC Software QA Manager on process improvement.
- Will report to Sr. Resource Manager, Systems Development.
- Work with PMs closely to determine budget vs actual and determine the variance and corresponding actions to rectify
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- 5+ years of management/leadership experience in a software development organization
- 10+ years hands-on experience in full software delivery life cycle including requirements, design, development, testing, code release cycle and implementation
- Strong track record of delivering projects on-time and on-budget
- Strong technical background with object-oriented design and web application development. Working knowledge of Domain Driven Design approach is desired
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to i nterface effectively and collaborate with Customers, peers and management to develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in
- Strong leadership with the ability to take initiative and accountability for achieving success
- Desire to be part of the high paced, high energy environment
- Have a can-do positive attitude and the willingness to get hands dirty
- Very good knowledge and understanding of automated unit testing (JUnit)
- Proven experience in improving software quality by automation in every phase of SDLC
- Good experience with high volume transaction application design and development
- Understanding of Spring Framework
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related discipline is required; Master's degree desired.
The Skills/Experience below would be considered a plus:
- Production support experience
- Understanding of Maven projects
- Understanding of Continuous integration Principals
- Strong knowledge and experience in Agile Methodology and corresponding tools like JIRA
- Experience implementing GCP or any other cloud based technology