Timescale is looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager with a track record of successfully shipping SaaS products.
This is an exciting opportunity to help build the next great cloud-native database by helping developers easily adopt it and integrate it into their workflows. You will have product responsibilities for a number of capabilities, including sign-up, database service management, account management, billing, and APIs.
We need you to help us execute tactically and move strategically to meet our ambitious goals and build the next great database cloud. If you have experience in product management and want a role where you can directly and immediately impact a fast-growing startup serving developers worldwide, then this is the role for you.
Timescale is a fully-remote company with team members worldwide, and English language fluency is required. To better coordinate with their teams, the preferred candidate for this role will have working hours in European or East Coast American time zones.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and their problems, the competitive landscape, and market trends.
- Craft a quarterly and annual product strategy and roadmap in concert with other product managers, customers, engineering, design, and go-to-market teams. Create differentiation for Timescale Cloud.
- Perform product discovery, gather and document requirements and feedback from customers, community users, and internal stakeholders, and find innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Own execution and delivery of new product features end-to-end.
- Measure adoption of the product, run experiments, collect customer feedback regularly, and adjust plans as needed. Use data to support your decisions.
- Work with go-to-market teams on messaging, positioning, and launch activities.
- Help support customer engagements and participate in sales enablement activities within the company.
- Serve as the connective tissue between engineering, design, marketing, customer care, and other stakeholders, proactively communicating product questions and decisions.
- Mentor other product managers in the team, helping them develop their skills and progress in their careers.
- 5+ years of proven track record in product management, with at least 3+ years of experience on SaaS products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and the ability to explain complex technical design in 20 seconds or 20 minutes, depending on the audience and goals.
- Ability to combine data-driven approaches with strong user empathy to figure out what/when/why to ship - we're building a platform for millions of users, and there is lots to do!
- Excited by ambiguous and vague problem definitions and the ability to refine them into an actionable plan.
- Strong sense of ownership and problem-solving skills - Timescale is moving fast, and so should you. Trying things, making mistakes, and quickly improving are in our DNA.
- Comfortable engaging and working in the open with developer communities.
- Computer Science or technical degree preferred, or prior technical development experience.