Join one of the largest engineering companies in the USA! With several offices across the United States, our client encourages independent thought and innovative ideas, as well as personal and professional growth. For over thirty-five years our client has designed and implemented engineering solutions for the commercial, industrial, and government sectors. The company is employee owned and people love working here!Reasons to work for this company:
- Opportunity to get involved with challenging projects across many different industries
- Many opportunities for training to learn new products and platforms
- Comprehensive medical/dental insurance
- 401K match and Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- They have a great reputation in the industry and with their customers
Project Management Responsibilities
Responsible for project execution, task identification, prioritization and scheduling, financial tracking and management to budget, risk management including early problem identification and conflict resolution, procurement, subcontracts, supporting engineers, communications and meeting leadership, account/client management. Work will include project(s) ranging in size up to $5M. This position is responsible for ensuring overall project profitability.
- Develops and executes project execution plans and/or project charters.
- Responsible for detailed knowledge of scopes of work.
- Acquires resources from BU manager and assigns work to project teams to meet overall project deadlines.
- Develops engineering schedules for the team and customer requirements; proficient with Microsoft Project/critical path and float analysis/resource leveling.
- Responsible for engineering related purchasing and subcontractor requirements.
- Responsible for development of costs and proposal of change orders to contract scope.
- Develops and manages plan for project profitability including cost projections, cash flow, A/R collections and project invoicing; must be able to independently discern project team's actual and remaining progress during design, documentation, code configuration, testing.
- Responsible for overall project quality.
- Technical writing including project definition and requirements, clearly delineated status reporting, requests for information, and customer correspondence.
- Project documentation: manage project documentation system, task/periodic status reporting, organization and maintenance of current network-based project files, meeting minutes and action item lists, preparing purchase orders, etc.
- Identify sales opportunities, confidence to suggest scope changes with justifications, ability to network across targeted industries; Provides input to proposals and technical support to closing new business.
A BS degree in engineering or related discipline.
PMP certification preferred.
To apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Automationtechies. Please note ComputerJobs - Texas Jobs is not responsible for the application process on any external website.