Description Working together, Robert Half and a prominent Insurance company are searching for a Programmer Analyst with expertise in software and applications programming and industry requirements. The Programmer Analyst will help formulate and define systems scope and objectives. Through research and fact-finding, you will make recommendations for developing or modifying applications or databases. Based in Dallas, Texas, this is a long-term contract/contract/temporary Programmer Analyst employment opportunity you do not want to miss.
- Analyzes user requests for systems changes or improvements. Documents functional requirements and assesses cost, feasibility and utility. Develops recommendation as to how, when or whether to proceed with making the changes
- Aids in creating communication materials for certain system changes being implemented in production
- Builds and maintains dictionaries for applications and systems support by the analyst
- Assesses and logs issues. Works alongside other programmers to correct problems with code
- Serves as the in-house guide for internal clients experiencing programming problems, consulting on applications, systems and/or processes for identifying and resolving, processing/reporting the issues. Consultation can include troubleshooting and/or education
- Build and evaluate programming changes prior to implementation for each systems development phase. Record test cases and expected outcomes. Ensure that requirements are met. May create simple tests or a defined subset of a larger system test. May suggest acceptance/rejection in cases where not all requirements are met
- Provides ongoing training and assistance for end users and other partner groups for a particular application, system or process
- Analyzes processing procedures. Develops recommendations for improvements Requirements - Versatile project planning abilities that include project costing techniques
- Strong communication and social skills
- Proficiency in programming languages
- Previous experience as a project leader for the business portion of developmental applications or major systems improvements
- Extract transform loads experience desired
- Knowledge of ETL-SSIS
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server
- Proficiency in PC and mainframe hardware/software Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.
Robert Half is the world's first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app () and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit for more information.