AMP Robotics is looking for a Product Manager for our Core Technology business vertical. As the sole product manager within this group, you will be responsible for working across the company and the market to justify and help guide AMP's strategy for new technology development, as it relates to our core robotics and data products.
AMP is a highly collaborative R&D organization, operating in a unique domain, and this role is expected to work closely with engineering and operations to iteratively develop products, balancing feasibility with impact. In this role, you will build a common understanding of the market and customer, and work diligently to help the entire organization internalize who we're building for, and what outcomes we must achieve. We're looking for someone who can be customer-obsessed, thrive in ambiguity, and comfortably collaborate to blend what is most achievable with what is most desirable. A successful hire will influence without authority, establish shared context for the company, and be a diligent steward of the product, helping drive teams to weigh tradeoffs, lead others to effective decisions, and stay agile in pursuit of the most effective outcomes for the waste management industry. This unique role can have an outsized impact in changing how society handles its waste, and create significant climate and ecological impact on an international scale.
As our Product Manager, you will work to:
Act as Product Owner
- Champion the development, launch, continuous improvement, and expansion of AMP's core technology product suite through product development lifecycle releases, collaboration across the organization, and externally with key customers and stakeholders
- Write product requirement documents (PRDs), develop and prioritize features, and work closely with Engineering and Operations to assess feasibility, adjust scope, and schedule development
- Effectively manage the product roadmap across both short and long-term feature development and multiple complex projects in a hybrid hardware-software development environment, reprioritizing product backlogs as necessary
- Ensure Product-Market Fit
- Develop strong understanding of market and customer needs through customer visits and interviews. Understand customer segmentation and use cases. Evangelize the customer, and drive company-wide understanding of market and customer context.
- Understand AMP's strategic and competitive position and set goals, success metrics and roadmap to align with AMP's mission and drive maximum impact based on data analysis, market research and usability studies
- Use a cogent understanding of market and customer needs to inform and drive deeper market analysis and market research to fuel data driven strategy development.
Foster Cross-Functional Partnerships
- Clearly communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels
- Work across teams to ensure new product features and benefits are clearly communicated to customers
- Educate and support all areas of the organization including Sales, Support, and Services - ultimately you are responsible for creating features that are built, delivered with quality, and delight customers.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience delivering successful hardware products.
- Superior communication skills both written and verbal and intuition for communication strategy. Ability to present to leadership and external audiences.
- Experience using and integrating collaboration tools (eg JIRA, Confluence, Asana, etc.).
- Passion for AMP Robotics and what we are trying to achieve in waste recycling.
- Ability to engage with engineering beyond just product and user experience needs; you can help design scalable and extensible solutions and create detailed product specs, and you will need to work closely with engineering to ensure plans are feasible.
- Entrepreneurial spirit thriving in a fast-growing startup environment; you live to get things done!
- Up to 5 years' experience and exposure to hardware and software product management
- Bachelor's degree in business management, engineering, or related field required
- Experience and comfort with fast-moving development cycles and requirements
- Track-record of working effectively across different departments to bring products from idea to installation
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- United States Remote, preferred Louisville, CO area
AMP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Applicants who identify with a historically underrepresented group, including but not limited to Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, Indigenous/Native American, Persons of Color, or Women, are encouraged to apply
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary & Compensation Information: $110,000 - $140,000
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- Flexible Time Off
- Eight (8) paid holidays, 2 Floating Holidays