Austin Industries is one of the nation's largest, most diversified U.S.-based construction companies. With more than 7,000 employee-owners, Austin Industries provides nearly every type of civil, commercial and industrial construction services through the expertise of our operating companies: Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial and Austin Industrial. Austin Industries
has an outstanding opportunity for a cybersecurity engineer I
at our corporate headquarters in Dallas, Texas.
Reporting to the Cybersecurity manager the Cybersecurity Engineer I role will be responsible for implementing, administering and monitoring the various Cybersecurity solutions that protect the company's on-premise and cloud digital assets. The role will also be responsible for continuously improving the organizations Cybersecurity posture. Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and resolve Cyber Security related support tickets that have been escalated from helpdesk and other IT groups.
- Monitor environment for security events and resolve accordingly
- Work with Managed Service Providers (MSPs) to resolve security alerts and investigations
- Perform hands-on, day-to-day administration of the network infrastructure, including reviewing logs, physical inspections, testing for vulnerabilities, solving security issues, configuration and maintaining documentation.
- Participate in On-Call rotation schedule.
- Perform monthly vulnerability scans
- Work with appropriate teams and MSP to ensure that servers and workstations throughout the organization are kept up to date with security patches.
- Lead and participate in Cyber Security related projects as assigned
- Work closely with other IT teams to implement and enforce Cyber Security best practices and standards.
- Interface with employees, technical staff, and management to identify issues, negotiate changes, and provide strong customer service both orally and in writing.
- Work closely with the Cyber Security Manager to continually improve the Cyber Security posture of the organization.
- Help manage firewalls, web filters, IDS/IPS and other security tools
- Collaborate with various stakeholders and technical teams to continuously improve the security posture of the organization's infrastructure.
- Research and implement hardware and software for Proofs of Concepts and production use for new and emerging Cyber Security technologies.
- Create training materials and provide troubleshooting procedures to IT Support personnel for first-line security issues.
- Provide input into the research, development, documentation, and implementation of Cyber Security solutions that can be applied throughout the organization.
- Continually look for ways to improve the Cyber Security posture for the organization.
- Continually look for security gaps and risks and provide input on how best to mitigate them.
- Plan, Implement and upgrade security measures and controls
- Install hardware including network equipment and cabling as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Cyber Security desired but not required.
- Candidates must possess at least one of the following valid certifications:
- ISC2 CISSP
- GIAC GSEC
- CompTIA Security+
- Additional Certifications that would be a plus:
- CCNA/CCNP Security
- MCSE: Core Infrastructure
- MCSA: Cloud Platform
- MCSA: Office 365
- MCSA: Windows Server 2012 (or later server version)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Office 365 Administrator
- Minimum 3 years as a Sr. Cyber Security Analyst or Cyber Security Engineer performing the following tasks and activities:
- Security event analysis investigation
- Implementation, management and troubleshooting of various security solutions hosted in various cloud environments (Azure, Office365, AWS).
- Implementation, management and troubleshooting of using various MFA solutions such as Azure, DUO, Okta, etc.
- Implementation, management and troubleshooting of next-generation endpoint security solutions such as Cylance, Windows Defender ATP, Carbon Black, Crowdstrike, etc.,
- Implementation, management and troubleshooting of various vulnerability and patch management solutions
- Windows PC/Server security hardening
- Minimum 3 years as a system engineer or administrator working with the following:
- PC/Server Operating System implementation and management
- Basic network troubleshooting
- Windows Troubleshooting (Understanding event logs, able to work with support to correct problems)
- Active Directory administration, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Azure Active Directory and Office 365 administration and management
- Full support of Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2 - 2019 operating systems
- Full support of Microsoft Windows Vista - Windows 11 operating systems
- Data backup and recovery solutions (ASR, Zerto, Veeam, Cohesity, Veritas)
- Have a good understanding and working experience with either of the following Cybersecurity frameworks:
- Have a strong understanding of Cisco Networking and Security
- Have a strong understanding in firewall management best practices
- This role may occasionally travel to remote job sites or office locations on an as-needed basis.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan. We are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP)!
To learn more about Austin, please go to An equal employment opportunity employer
Austin ("The Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Become an owner
Unlike other companies that may be privately or publicly held, Austin is 100% owned by our employees. It's a source of pride for everyone one of our 7,000+ employee-owners that we have vested interest in the day-to-day success of our company. We share Austin's growth and profitability, and are accountable to ourselves for doing everything it takes to serve our customers with excellence and to make Austin the best it can be. After all, We Own It. Learn more at . About Austin Industries
Austin Industries and its operating companies engage in almost every type of civil, commercial and industrial construction. Austin is owned entirely by its employees through its Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Austin Industries has a rich history. We are one of the largest and most diversified construction firms in the nation. Austin stands on the core values of Uncompromising Integrity, Employee-ownership, Exemplary Service and Excellence in Safety. To learn more about our history, culture and operations, visit us at . No agency inquiries please
Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates' names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, becomes the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)