- Fast Growing Education Technology Company
- H1B Visa Transfer/Green Card Sponsorship
About Our Client
The company is building products to empower school leaders to run better schools. They have the opportunity to help schools as they go through a radical shift in how they operate and to provide great technology to make that transition.
The main responsibilities are:
- Be responsible for the planning, implementation, and growth of the AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Implement AWS-based solutions with a focus on security and high availability.
- Be working every day on distributed systems that scale on-demand.
- Continuously highlight areas of improvement across DevOps and recommend a path towards holistic solutions.
- Communicate daily with the DevOps and Engineering team and are equally comfortable presenting to a non-technical audience.
- Take ownership end-to-end of our infrastructure footprint. Help mentor those around you and support our development team in providing observability and metrics.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The main qualifications are:
- You've designed and maintained highly available, cloud-based infrastructures in AWS.
- Understanding of auto-scaling technologies and high-throughput designs.
- Know and can demonstrate how to overcome and protect against a DDoS attack.
- Very strong on the basics (Route53, EC2, ACM, ELB, VPC, and S3).
- Have implemented one or more CloudFront Distributions and understand the core use-cases for a CDN.
- Good experience with container products, either ECS or EKS are directly relevant to us (EKS especially).
- Infrastructure As Code - CloudFormation, Terraform.
- App Logging and Monitoring - CloudWatch, ELK Stack, Grafana, Prometheus, Open Tracing, AppSignal.
- Some background in Serverless (notably Lambdas).
- Some background in Event-Driven Architecture.
What's on Offer
- Salary starting at $150k Base Salary
- Full benefit package
- Free medical plan, high deductible
- Life insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Discretional PTO
- H1B Transfer
- Green Card Sponsorship
To apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Michael Page International Inc. Please note ComputerJobs - Texas Jobs is not responsible for the application process on any external website.