The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what's next in our industry.
We're also looking at what's next for you and how we can help you build a career you're proud of. This position is located in Corpus Christi, Texas. Per-diem and project allowance are available to help cover temporary living expenses for candidates who meet the eligibility criteria. Depending on business need, once your time on this project ends, you may be transferred to the next project or back to our home office in Houston, Texas to await your next assignment.
Here's how Project Engineer for our Solar division contributes to our team: Responsibilities
- Performs and applies quantity takeoffs and surveys to manage contract progress, reporting, and change management.
- Maintains contract with more complex subcontracted scopes and subcontract administration, including defining work scope, answering inquiries, and monitoring progress.
- Reviews and understands broader contract obligations as per the responsible project and work scopes. Assists site manager in project start-up activities.
- Participates in reviews of subcontractors' submittals for compliance with scope, design documentation, and coordination with other disciplines against the design documentation prior to forwarding to the design team for their review.
- Assists with site inspection by the design team for installation deficiencies, and witnesses and signs off on systems commissioning.
- Ability to identify potential risks on project scopes and/or the project.
- Other duties as required.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, architecture preferred, or equivalent experience.
- 4-6 years of construction experience in an operational role preferred. 1-2 years of utility scale solar experiences is requested.
- Detailed knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, project health, safety, and environment (HSE), quality, building materials, and required standards as per subject area.
- Ability to apply basic engineering/problem-solving principles to construction challenges.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Planning, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize own work, and direct-report tasks.
- Able to create and lead schedules a comprehensive scale. Ability to formulate subcontracts and administer subcontracts and contract documents.
- PCL combines numerous pay and benefit strategies to provide a comprehensive and competitive total rewards package. The total rewards package includes an employee share purchase offering, discretionary annual performance bonus, comprehensive benefits & wellness programs, retirement plan plus matching and career development programs.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
PCL combines numerous pay and benefit strategies to provide a comprehensive and competitive total rewards package. The total rewards package includes an employee share purchase offering, discretionary annual performance bonus, comprehensive benefits & wellness programs, retirement plan plus matching and career development programs.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let's get started!