As we create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through chemistry, we invite you to join our team to harness the power of chemistry to shape markets, redefine industries and improve lives for billions of people around the world. HELP SHAPE THE FUTURE OF CHEMISTRY AND THE WORLD
From the frontline to the back office, every Chemours employee is part of something bigger than themselves as together we work to create a better world through the power of our chemistry.
Chemours is a $6.3 billion company with a portfolio of products and processes that enable technologies and products that people use every day in their lives. From cellular phones to lower emission vehicles, to 5G communications and clean energy from hydrogen, we're collaborating with customers to make these innovations more capable. Simply said, we use our chemistry to change lives, shape markets, and redefine industries-one improvement at a time.
Chemours is seeking a Site Design Lead/Project Engineer
to join our growing Site Engineering
team! This position will report directly to the S ite Engineering Manager
in our Corpus Christi, Texas
The Site Design Lead/Project Engineer will work closely with the Site Engineering Manager and Capital Project Managers to ensure cost and capital projects are executed within schedule, cost, and quality requirements; This includes overall responsibility for tracking the status of projects from Front-End-Loading (FEL) through Issue For Construction (IFC) and directing the work of the on-site designers and drafters (Chemours and Contract Staff). The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Project Engineer on all cost projects working with the site's unit engineers to develop FEL and design packages
- Ensures all projects designed at the site adhere to Chemours Engineering & Design Standards
- Develops man-hour estimates for design on all projects (capital & cost) and maintains earned value metrics
- Develops, maintains, and reports on design resource loaded schedule
- Facilitates design review meetings for all cost projects, assists PMs for Capital Projects
- Performs QA on design projects
- Ensures design projects meet all Turnaround/unit outage required deadlines
- Approves designer timesheets
- Ensures timely close-out of design group PSSR action items including as-builts with no overdue items
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, preferably Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical
- 7-10 years in Project Engineering/Project Management
- Working knowledge of MS Project or Primavera Scheduling software
- The ability to work within a chemical manufacturing facility including walking without assistance, climbing stairs and wearing fall protection
- Experience working in the chemicals industry
- Experience working in an engineering design organization
- MSProject efficient
- PMP Certification
- Texas PE License
Comprehensive Benefits Packages
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Learning and Development Opportunities
Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
Company-paid Volunteer Days
We're a different kind of chemistry company because we see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it-by taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture. Our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves, at Chemours and in life. And we're proud to be Certified by Great Place to Work .
Learn more about Chemours and our culture by visiting ()
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Jurisdictions may have additional grounds for non-discrimination, and we comply with all applicable laws.
Chemours is an E-Verify employer
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation
Immigration sponsorship (ie, H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position
At Chemours, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join Chemours and discover what it means when we say "We Are Living Chemistry".
A new company. A new purpose. A new commitment to customers and chemistry. We are Chemours. And even more exciting is how our employees are committed to be catalysts for better. The word "ours" is in our name intentionally. It is about our employees, our customers and our world. Our values are simple: We seek to put our customers first always. We encourage creativity and simplicity. We give you the ability to operate with the innovation and enthusiasm of an entrepreneur. We are obsessed with making our world safe and we do this all with unshakable integrity - doing what is right. See chemistry in a different way at Chemours. PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER IF YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES (CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI, ETC.)