Cognite is a global leader in industrial software with our Industrial DataOps platform, Cognite Data Fusion®, at the core. We were awarded the 2022 Technology Innovation Leader for Global Digital Industrial Platforms.
The TPM team is the team responsible for shipping Cognite Data Fusion as a robust and scalable platform for solving industrial data problems at Cognite. The industrial data problem is at the heart of transforming asset-intensive industries to be safer, more sustainable and more profitable. Cognite's Cognite Data Fusion makes the operational data available at scale and adds value to the data through data processing. This enables asset-intensive industries to make data-driven decisions. Our platform is built on many different technologies, each good at solving various challenges.
To build the best possible product, we believe in autonomous teams with developers, designers and product managers and technical program managers working closely together. You will own driving the product release(s) - scheduling, managing dependencies, budgeting & resourcing. That means ensuring our products are built right with the right pieces at the right cost. We are agile, use the latest technologies and work closely with customers to iterate quickly towards better product experiences.
You are the reason that the product gets shipped!
- Key responsibilities in the role as our VP of TPM
- Develop and drive execution excellence culture, and drive managing change.
- Define, own and drive technical programs that span multiple engineering teams and organizational boundaries.
- Identify and implement best practices for the implementation of OKRs/KPIs for product feature(s) including its prioritization with success criteria and performance metrics.
- Facilitate and ensure the right technical architectural thinking around UX, HW/SW, Services, AI/ML, Security and others are provided to influence the product thinking and requirements.
- Manage release schedule/ship room, identify risks and mitigations for timely delivery.
- Partner with product management and technical leadership to identify company-wide gaps and opportunities to invent, simplify, automate and influence product roadmaps.
- Work with Cognite APIs/SDK, distributed open-source software such as Kubernetes, Kafka, Spark and similar to build scalable and performant solutions for new or existing services.
- Mentor, coach and build standards & methodology for accelerating Product delivery.
- Build, Manage and Set the direction of the team as a whole as well as for individual success.
- People management responsibilities and responsible for hiring, growing and coaching the team including performance management.
Who You Are
- B.S in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- You have 15+ years of software industry experience including technical product and program management experience.
- You have 10+ years of people management experience leading teams to deliver technical programs or products from inception to delivery.
- You have experience in communicating and representing product level thinking and its architecture to senior leadership, framing discussions to get valuable feedback to ensure the product is built right.
- You have analytical and problem-solving experience with large scale distributed services.
- You have experience with cloud development, which may include Kubernetes, Docker or other related technologies. Familiarity with Azure, AWS and GCP is a plus.
Why Choose Cognite
- Join us in making a real and lasting impact in one of the most exciting and fastest-growing new software companies in the world.
- We have repeatedly demonstrated that digital transformation, when anchored on strong DataOps, drives business value and sustainability for clients and allows front-line workers, as well as domain experts, to make better decisions every single day.
- We were recognized as one of CNBCs top global enterprise technology startups powering digital transformation!
- And just recently, Frost & Sullivan named Cognite a Technology Innovation Leader!
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Compensation including base plus bonus
- 401(k) with 4% employer matching
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages with premiums fully covered for employees and all dependents
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- 18 Company Holidays including the week between Christmas & New Years
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee Referral Program
- Company Paid Friday Lunch via DoorDash + Fully Stocked Fridges in the offices
- Join a team of 70 different nationalities with Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI) in focus.
- A highly modern and fun working environment with sublime culture across the organization, follow us on Instagram to know more
- Opportunity to work with and learn from some of the best people on some of the most ambitious projects found anywhere, across industries
- Join our HUB to be part of the conversation directly with Cogniters and our partners.
- Paid mobile phone and WiFI
- A pet lover? Get the chance to meet Spot!
Cognite is a global industrial SaaS company that was established with one clear vision: to rapidly empower industrial companies with contextualized, trustworthy, and accessible data to help drive the full-scale digital transformation of asset-heavy industries around the world. Our core Industrial DataOps platform, Cognite Data Fusion, enables industrial data and domain users to collaborate quickly and safely to develop, operationalize, and scale industrial AI solutions and applications to deliver both profitability and sustainability.
Cognite is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment at work and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive the same level of consideration for employment; everyone we hire will receive the same level of consideration for training, compensation, and promotion.
We ask for gender as part of our application because we want to ensure equal assessment in the recruitment process. Your answer will help us reach this commitment! However, the question about gender is optional and your choice not to answer will not affect the assessment of your application in any way.