Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients homes. The Science 37 Operating System (OS) enables universal access to patients and providers, leading to faster enrollment, greater retention and a more representative patient population. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a VP, Data and Analytics eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
The Vice President of Data and Analytics leads the strategy, implementation, and operations of data platforms across the Science 37 enterprise that will support analytics and AI for both the Science 37 platform and corporate reporting. The VP, Data and Analytics will deliver insights to business and clinical teams through standard reports, dashboards, and advanced AI solutions. Data will be timely and accurate powered by flexible and robust data ingest, end-to-end data governance, strong data standards, and state of the art technologies. Data solutions will be secure and adhere to all appropriate industry regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Lead vision and strategy for data and analytics
- Lead implementation and operations teams for data pipelines, data storage, data lake, and analytics platforms
- Provide strategic input on product direction and features relating to data and analytics
- Deliver reports and dashboards to product team and corporate functions
- Engage with customers and vendors to communicate the Science 37 data vision
- Establish and operate lightweight data governance across Science 37
- Drive data standards
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree
- 15+ years of professional experience in data and analytics positions
- Experience leading teams building data warehouse, analytics, and AI solutions
- Experience with modern cloud-based data platforms
- Business insights on the value of data driven solutions for accelerating clinical trials
- Deep understanding of clinical trial source systems including EDC, RTSM, CTMS, eTMF, eCOA, Safety
- Understanding of real-world data including claims, prescriptions, EMR, and HCO/HCP data
- Knowledge of CDISC data standards
- Knowledge of 21 CFR compliance
- Experience implementing data anonymization and tokenization
- Strong understanding of modern data modeling and data architecture practices
- Thorough understanding of both SQL and No-SQL databases and data structures
- Experience in a fast-moving, growth-minded startup, and are comfortable with needing to be flexible and adaptable as requirements change
- Demonstrated thought leader - ability to identify new ideas, techniques, and opportunities for improving access to patients, trial design, and operational efficiencies.
- Strong leadership skills - Ability to develop strong relationships throughout the organization and influence senior leaders and teams. Proven leadership skills with the ability to develop, coach and manage a team.
- Expertise in modern software development methodologies - experience with Agile, DevOps, and highly automated cloud delivery methods.
- Expertise in project management - demonstrated ability to successfully manage people/projects.
- Extensive knowledge of clinical research - Understands the drug development process. Knowledgeable about the critical elements for success in clinical trials; participation in and contribution to these activities.
- Knowledgeable about industry data standards - working knowledge of current data standards used in clinical trials such as CDISC and reference data such as ICD, SNOMED, and MedDRA.
- Strong communication and presentation skills - Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to establish and maintain positive Sponsor, project team member and internal Science37 relationships. Ability to conduct effective presentations.
- Practice's professionalism and integrity in all actions - Demonstrated ability to foster concepts of teamwork, cooperation, self- control, and flexibility to get the work done.
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
- Up to 20% travel, as needed for leadership team meetings, client presentations and other professional meetings/conferences as needed
The incumbent reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer who will also assign projects, provide general direction and guidance. Incumbent is expected to perform duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Data Architect (s)
- Data Platform Technical Lead
- Analytics Platform Technical Lead
- Platform Operations Lead
At Science 37, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that supports you at all stages of your career - both now and into the future. Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities, and quality of our people. That's why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture - one where we challenge you with engaging work that adds to your professional development.
Science 37 is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.