As a Senior MDM Engineer - Android at NinjaOne you will be a critical part of the engineering team, helping drive NinjaOne forward into Google platform device management. This role will require deep technical and non-technical skills focusing on prototyping and testing new features as they are released by Google and other supporting vendors, helping with product feature prioritization based on customer and market demand, evangelizing within NinjaOne and other community spaces, assisting the product, engineering, QA, design, and product marketing teams with Google mobile operating system expertise, and also participating in marketing events such as conferences, webinars, or other engagements.
Location- We are flexible on remote working from home, as long as you are located in the USA and in one of the following states- TX, FL, NC, GA, CT, or ME. We have physical offices in Austin, TX and Tampa, FL
What You'll be Doing
- Expert Google Mobile Resource - You will be the expert in the product management organization for all things related to Google mobile devices.
- Define Support Lifecycle Playbooks - Document and educate the engineering, product, and other teams on repeatable processes to support new device types, operating systems, and versions within the Google mobile device ecosystem.
- Research and Prototyping - Follow industry trends and operating system advancements, build prototypes to test new features, document how they work, and help the team understand their value following specifications using appropriate tools.
- Product Maintenance - Identify and correct existing issues based on field issues reported by our support teams
- Community engagement - Be the face of NinjaOne in MDM communities, host webinars and discussions, attend marketing events/conferences representing NinjaOne and our MDM capabilities.
- Other duties as needed
- 5+ years of experience in Java or Kotlin software development in highly scalable systems and applications
- 5+ years of experience in managing and/or developing solutions for Google, Android, or ChromeOS devices
- Experience with Relational Database design and development experience, we use Postgres but not required
- Previous experience with NoSQL document-based database design and development.
- You are an innovative and creative problem solver, comfortable with ambiguity, charting new territories and tackling new initiatives.
- Knowledge of functional and object-oriented programming design concepts
- Experience with Test-Driven Development
- You have experience leading and contributing to technical discussions and helping navigate technical tradeoffs
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education in Technical or Engineering field of study or equivalent work experience
These will make you a standout candidate - but not required
- Experience providing test coverage.
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Delivery
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Go
NinjaOne is a leading unified IT management solution that simplifies the way IT teams work. With NinjaOne, MSPs and IT departments can automate, manage, and remediate all their endpoint management tasks within one fast, modern, intuitive platform, improving technician efficiency and user satisfaction. NinjaOne supports over 10,000 customers around the world and is consistently ranked #1 for its world-class customer support. NinjaOne has been recognized as the best rated software in its category on G2 and Gartner Digital Markets for the past three years.?
What You'll Love
- We are a collaborative, kind, and curious community
- We honor your flexibility needs with full-time work that is fully remote (Must be located in CA, FL, GA, NC, TX or ME)
- We have you covered with our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance
- We help you prepare for your financial future with our 401(k) plan
- We prioritize your work/life balance with our unlimited PTO
- We reward your work with opportunity for growth and advancement
Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to location, market demands, experience, job-related knowledge, and skills. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage and PTO