Senior Digital Hardware Engineer
Job Summary of Senior Digital Hardware Engineer
Our client, a global leader in rugged embedded electronics, is looking for a Principal Digital Hardware Engineer to be a key player on their growing team. In this position you will develop digital hardware for next generation products. You'll work hand-in-hand with Program Management, customers and internal teams in order to design and develop Single Board Computers, sensor processing modules, and I/O products.
This company is experiencing healthy growth due to the popularity of its products, and they offer challenging work and solid long-term potential. While this is a mid-size team, they're part of a larger company that gives them the backing and resources you'll need to succeed.
Responsibilities of Senior Digital Hardware Engineer
- Create derived requirements by working cross-functionally with Product Management and Engineering
- Perform updates to prototypes and production designs based on customer feedback and test performance
- Work with Software Test Group to develop validation and regression test plans
- Create and maintain schematic designs
- Design and architect system backplane and I/O solutions
- Perform signal integrity analysis
- Prepare source, binary, and documentation files for use in a manufacturing environment
- Understand basic networking concepts such as IP addressing, firewalls, and routing
- Support project managers with closing out internal process deliverables
- Releasing final products into production
- Review customer feedback and test performance to make required updates to the current prototype and production designs.
- Support interfacing organizational disciplines such as mechanical, software, test, customer support, and product management.
- Troubleshoot/debug issues that come up during validation testing and drive quick resolution
- Supporting of existing products
- Mentoring junior engineers, Co-ops and Interns
Qualifications of Senior Digital Hardware Engineer
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 4+ years of experience in electrical engineering design
- Strong background in full life-cycle development of digital hardware at the board/circuit level
- Solid background with schematic capture and layout tools (MentorGraphics is a plus)
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging hardware
- Experience with low-level software development (C/C+ preferred) is a plus
- Familiarity with FPGA Design and debug is a plus
- Familiar with standard lab debug tools (oscilloscope, signal generator, spectrum analyzer, multi-meter, etc.)
Compensation & Other Details
Salary Range: $110,000 - $135,000/year, plus bonus and benefits
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Travel: Up to 10% when required
Relocation Assistance: Available
Visa Sponsorship: None (US Citizens and Permanent Residents only)
To apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Job Juncture. Please note ComputerJobs - Texas Jobs is not responsible for the application process on any external website.