Remote Senior Programmer
Would you like to work as part of a collaborative dynamic multi-disciplinary project team of subject matter experts and clinical specialists on a wide range of Technical Applications? Are you energized by designing, building, and maintaining web applications in a fast-paced team environment? Join our team of professionals to help customers realize mission-enabling benefits from implementing leading-edge technologies.
As a Senior Programmer, you will collaborate as a part of a dynamic team and you will be responsibilities will include designing and building User Interfaces, and introducing new technologies and best practices to solve business problems. Remote Senior Programmer Responsibilities
Remote Senior Programmer Qualifications
- Analyze and interpret complex requirements from customers
- Ensure consistency with an established software development architecture
- Introduce new technologies and best practices as needed to solve business problems
- Be a part of the development team to create practical solutions in an Agile/DevOps environment
- Be an expert in research and identify a technical solution and be a mentor to other staff team members
- Work under consultative or self-initiated direction to develop innovative, data-driven software solutions that enable efficiency or complicated analysis
- Interface with various SGS departments and end-users to gather business requirements used to develop useful data capture tools, data manipulations, data views, and tracking mechanisms.
- Design elegant and understandable code with clear process flow and version control.
- Create efficient front-end designs and UI/UX.
- Learn new development techniques and programming languages as the field continues to evolve and SGS needs dictate.
- Enhance existing systems through regular communication with key stakeholders, analysis, modification, and improvement.
- Establish and maintain written processes and systems to identify and correct software defects.
- Convert current stopgap solutions to long-term SGS assets.
- Create new and enhance existing operational documentation.
- Document lessons learned and incorporate learnings into future work
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of SGS SDLC
- Comply with all State and Federal regulations and abide by company policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from an accredited 4-year college or university required in Information Technology or a related field
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- 10+ years of related programming experience
- Ability to explain and demonstrate highly technical concepts and applications to team members of varying technical familiarity
- Familiarity with Atlassian Products (especially JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket)
- Experience with project management and Agile methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to coordinate development efforts with all stakeholders and team members.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- U.S. Citizen
- Demonstrated development of multiple stable and widely-used applications
- Expert working knowledge of Atlassian Products (especially JIRA, Bitbucket, and Confluence)
In addition to a competitive salary, comprehensive health and welfare benefits, tuition reimbursement, and incentive compensation, Sedgwick Government Solutions offers participation and vesting in a 401(k) plan with a company match and tuition assistance. If you would like to contribute to our important mission and work collegially in a professional organization that values intelligence, integrity, and initiative, consider a career with Sedgwick Government Solutions.
Search Firm Representatives Please be advised that SGS is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, a valid written agreement and task order must be in place before any resumes are submitted to SGS. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SGS without a valid written agreement and task order in place will be deemed the sole property of SGS and no fee will be paid in the event that person is hired by SGS.
The information provided above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work of the position. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a credit and criminal background check and obtain and maintain confidential-level security clearance upon hire. We participate in the United States Federal Government E-Verify program to confirm the employment authorization of employees upon hire.
SGS strives to make our career site accessible to all users. If you need a disability-related accommodation for completing the application process, please contact SGS regarding accommodations. SGS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal state, or local laws as appropriate, or upon the protected status of the person's relatives, friends or associates.
SGS abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) . This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
SGS abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) . This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans. About Sedgwick
Sedgwick is a leading global provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits, and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. The company provides a broad range of resources tailored to the client's specific needs in casualty, property, marine, benefits, and other lines. At Sedgwick, caring counts; through the dedication and expertise of more than 27,000 colleagues across 65 countries, the company takes care of people and organizations by mitigating and reducing risks and losses, promoting health and productivity, protecting brand reputations, and containing costs that can impact the bottom line.