Resideo is a $6 Billion company producing Honeywell Home thermostats, OEM hardware technology, and grid services through our connected thermostat hardware suite paired with strategic partnerships across aggregation services, including our own in house DERMS. With a full suite of energy services, deep partnerships with aggregation partners, and a winning team of cross functional experts, this role will drive strategic plans to bring Resideos energy solutions to homes across North America. Join our fast-paced, goal oriented team to deliver best in class energy products that advance the clean energy industry and fight climate change.
The Product Manager role will lead strategic initiatives throughout the company, focused on program growth, the perfect person for this role is obsessed with creating the best user experience in the industry. You will work collaboratively though Resideos hardware, software, experience design, and marketing teams to develop advanced products, best in class customer experiences, and rapid deployment go to market strategies. You will define product strategy and partner deeply with utility programs and OEM partners to plan, develop, market, launch, and improve the customer experience, driving enrollments and customer satisfaction.
Who you are:
- A technically oriented product professional who can work across multi-faceted teams to develop the best customer experience in the industry. KPI driven team player that is able to drive success through short and long term initiatives.
- The role is well suited to a highly motivated, self-starter who can work independently and is results-oriented. The ideal candidate has:
- An appreciation and respect for diversity of thought and culture
- Deep understanding of utility programs, requirements and customer experience
- Proven track record of success
- Competitive analysis and VOC processes
- The ability to work independently and deliver strong go to market plans for energy SaaS and Demand Response/Grid stabilization products
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams
- Ability to work independently with a desire to take responsibility for success and integrity to identify and own failure
- Be a nice person and great partner to a fantastic team!
- Adventure driven personality ready to tackle complex energy problems and create innovative solutions that dont exist in the market today.
- Make data driven decisions and own the result with the willingness to pivot and learn.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focus on driving enrollment in energy programs
- Develop go to market plans and work collaboratively across the entire company
- Work closely with manufacturers, utilities, and energy markets to design best in class customer experiences
- Be the product/subject matter expert, gain in-depth understanding of customer applications and use cases and be able to work closely with the Resideo marketing team to create marketing collateral that will drive enrollments and retain customers
- Help build and maintain market models, go-to-market plans and future technology roadmaps
Outbound and Engagement
- Create and manage the opportunity funnel across OEMs and eco system partners and work closely with all to achieve design wins
- Support Sales & Customers with Roadmap/Market updates, technology trends, and responses to RFIs/RFPs, product and pricing requests
- Create and drive product promotion and marketing strategies for the US market (direct and indirect)
- Strategic analysis, marketing strategy, & competitive analysis
- Build/Drive customer/account, market segment, product, & go to market strategies for current and new energy solutions
- Market and Competitive Analysis-Track & analyze market trends & key customer trends, competitive offering, and landscape
- Stay ahead of the competition by creating innovative offerings that solve deep industry issues for utilities, grids, and home residents
Product and technology
- Become a key stakeholder/influencer for future product development and roadmap alignment for global market segments and customers
- Work with technical teams on future products and technologies and solidify plans with business cases, value propositions, and go to market plans
- Work with data and energy science team to create best in class load balancing and grid service products
You Must Have:
- Bachelor degree; MBA an advantage
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a B2B, OEM product role in the energy industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the energy industry, specifically in Demand Response and Energy Management
- Proven ability to maintain focus on large scale products while implementing multiple short term projects in parallel
- Strong experience leading external customers through new processes and energy concepts
- Proven experience gathering VOC and focusing on customer experience enhancement
- Strong presentation and communication skills including the ability to create and convey complex value propositions in a simplified manner, understanding of customer use cases and challenges, listening and handling objections and complex technical inquiries in pre-sales meetings.
- Proven experience with strategic thinking, analytical, data collection and interpretation, and ability to build complex long term market business models and product solutions.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and draw meaningful and accurate conclusions from data.
- Ability to conduct financial analyses, develop financial models and interpret P&L statements.
- Develop strategies and tactical plan to improve specific items on P&L statements
- Create and defend business plans
- Proven experience collaborating with sales, product and engineering teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build and develop relationships internally and externally.
- Metrics-driven mindset, with critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable working in a startup environment, with its fast pace, shifting priorities and fluid nature.
Salary Range: In compliance with applicable laws, Resideo provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be performed in NYC, Colorado, Washington, and California. Actual compensation is influenced by various factors, including, but not limited to, skills, experience, the specific office location, and pay differences based on the local labor market. The expected base salary range for this role is $122,288 - $203,813.
Incentive Eligibility: This position is eligible for 10% annual bonus.
Benefits: Resideo provides comprehensive benefits, including life and health insurance, life assistance program, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, disability insurance, 401k Plan, vacation and holidays.
Resideo is a leading global provider of critical comfort and security solutions primarily in residential environments and distributor of low-voltage electronic and security products. Building on a 130-year heritage, Resideo has a presence in more than 150 million homes, with 15 million systems installed in homes each year. We continue to serve more than 110,000 professionals through leading distributors, including our ADI Global Distribution business, which exports to more than 100 countries from more than 200 stocking locations around the world. Resideo is a $5.0 billion company with approximately 13,000 global employees.
At Resideo, we bring together diverse individuals to build the future of homes. Resideo is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.