Job Description Job Description
Oracle Managed Cloud Service is seeking a Systems Administrator with a minimum of eight years of experience to work with our Oracle Managed Cloud Federal Infrastructure Support Team. The successful candidate will use their hands-on operational experience to identify areas that can be automated and then design, build, implement and support these solutions which will improve operational efficiencies.
The role requires, Linux operational support, Strong backend and frontend development skills preferably, cloud infrastructure automation with Ansible, Terraform, Python. Additional skills with networking and services running on cloud platforms will be beneficial. The role's focus will combine operational support and automated solutions for infrastructure and services by leveraging their Devops skills and industry standards.
You will also be required to perform systems, networking automation running on virtualized platforms in cloud through automation. Other duties include researching, proofing OCI cloud services, their features for improving operations and authoring technical documentation that are beneficial to the company and the team.
You will collaborate with a team of technical and security staff to ensure the security posture for government customers. Manage insider threat incident response and reporting duties to ensure Oracle compliance with all US Government security regulations and mandates. What will you do
- Act as ultimate escalation point for complex or critical issues for Federal Managed Cloud Services running on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- Utilize a deep understanding of service topology and the dependencies required to troubleshoot issues and define mitigations.
- Use your experience and wisdom from building & running systems and infrastructures as a multiplier to drive operational improvements to support our Federal customers infrastructure.
- Optimize Oracle Cloud Infrastructure for maximum performance, scalability and reliability.
- Serve as part of a 24x7 customer infrastructure support team.
- Identify problems and/or opportunities for customer cloud infrastructure support.
- Use your excellent written & oral communication skills to communicate to our customers effectively.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Provide recommendations regarding "best practice" business security standards
- Maintain a secure environment for the protection of personnel, property, and information.
- Support Oracle's Government customers.
- 8+ years of experience in Linux server administration
- 6+ years of experience in compute, network, storage troubleshooting for improving capacity, reliability, scalability, availability working as a site reliability engineer
- Proficient in cloud infrastructure technologies and automation.
- OEL, RHEL, Cloud Certifications a plus
- Knowledge of technical implementation of security measures and their operations and vulnerability remediation
- System Administration including Linux/windows internals, TCP/IP, DNS LDAP, and Load balancing technologies. Installing and configuring infrastructure servers.
- Additional Must Have Requirements: U.S. Citizenship required. Position involves interaction with systems and data in Oracle's U.S. Government Cloud environments, access to which requires U.S. citizenship under government contracts and applicable regulations, laws and/or executive orders. Must be able to complete one or more U.S. government background investigations and/or appropriate security clearance(s) as required by government contracts and due to applicable laws, regulations, and executive orders .
- OS image build for Linux, Windows and patch automation using Python, PowerShell.
- Infrastructure automation through Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Puppet
- Experience with Cloud Orchestration frameworks, development and SRE support of these systems
- Experience working with fault tolerant, highly available, high throughput, distributed, scalable production systems.
- Experience in a 24 7 high-availability production environment
- Ability to come with best solution by capturing big picture instead of focusing on minor details and root cause analysis.
- Aptitude to be a good team player and the desire to learn and implement new Cloud technologies.
- Experience with Fedramp controls, audits, and security intrusion prevention
M.S/B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related areas is preferred but not required Detailed Description
Solve complex problems related to infrastructure cloud services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence. Design, write, and deploy Automation to improve the availability, scalability, and efficiency of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Support. Design and develop designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems. Facilitate service capacity planning and demand forecasting, compute performance analysis, and system tuning.
Work with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Customer Support team on the shared full stack ownership of a collection of services and/or technology areas. Understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall behavioral characteristics of production support services. Responsible for the design and delivery of the mission critical stack, with focus on security, resiliency, scale, and performance. Authority for end-to-end performance and operability.
Partner with App/DBA support teams in defining and implementing improvements in service architecture. Articulate technical characteristics of services and technology areas and guide Development Teams to engineer and add premier capabilities to the Oracle Cloud service portfolio. Understand and communicate the scale, capacity, security, performance attributes, and requirements of the service and technology stack. Demonstrate clear understanding of automation and orchestration principles. Act as ultimate escalation point for complex or critical issues that have not yet been documented as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Utilize a deep understanding of service topology and their dependencies required to troubleshoot issues and define mitigations. Understand and explain the effect of product architecture decisions on distributed systems. Professional curiosity and a desire to a develop deep understanding of services and technologies.
Identifies solutions to knowledge of server hardware and software configuration, networking, standard internet services, scripting languages, cloud computing patterns, technology security and compliance. Experience running large scale customer facing cloud infrastructure support.
Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company. Responsibilities
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Six years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment.
Disclaimer: Certain US customer or client-facing roles may be required to comply with applicable requirements, such as immunization and occupational health mandates. Range and benefit information provided in this posting are specific to the stated location(s)
California Pay Range: from $46.11 to $92.31 per hour; from $95,900 to $192,000 per annum. May be eligible for equity.
Colorado Pay Range: from $43.56 to $83.08 per hour; from $90,600 to $172,800 per annum. May be eligible for equity.
New York City Pay Range: from $43.56 to $87.69 per hour; from $90,600 to $182,400 per annum. May be eligible for equity.
Washington Pay Range: from $45.14 to $87.69 per hour; from $93,900 to $182,400 per annum. May be eligible for equity.
Oracle maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience and market conditions, as well as reflect Oracle's differing products, industries and lines of business.
Candidates are typically placed into the range based on the preceding factors as well as internal peer equity.
Oracle offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, including expert medical opinion
- Short term disability and long term disability
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Supplemental life insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
- Health care and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Pre-tax commuter and parking benefits
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with company match
- Flexible paid time off (unlimited or accrued vacation and sick leave)
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Adoption assistance
- Financial planning and group legal
- Voluntary benefits including auto, homeowner and pet insurance
An Oracle career can span industries, roles, Countries and cultures, giving you the opportunity to flourish in new roles and innovate, while blending work life in . click apply for full job details