Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we work closely with clients to embrace a transformational approach aimed at benefiting all stakeholdersempowering organizations to grow, build sustainable competitive advantage, and drive positive societal impact.
Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives that question the status quo and spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting, technology and design, and corporate and digital ventures. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, fueled by the goal of helping our clients thrive and enabling them to make the world a better place.
BCG Platinions presence spans across the globe, with offices in Asia, Europe, and South and North America. We achieve digital excellence for clients with sustained solutions to the most complex and time-sensitive challenge. We guide clients into the future to push the status quo, overcome tech limitations, and enable our clients to go further in their digital journeys than what has ever been possible in the past. At BCG Platinion, we deliver business value through the innovative use of technology at a rapid pace. We roll up our sleeves to transform business, revolutionize approaches, satisfy customers, and change the game through Architecture, Cybersecurity, Digital Transformation, Enterprise Application and Risk functions. We balance vision with a pragmatic path to change transforming strategies into leading-edge tech platforms, at scale.
Practice Area Profile
BCG Platinion launched in Germany in 2000 to add deep technical expertise to the Boston Consulting Groups existing capabilities. Today, our presence spans across the globe, with offices in Asia, Europe, and South and North America. Our New York-based North American team began in 2014 and in 2017 acquiredMAYA Design, a Pittsburgh-based digital design and innovation lab, to grow our capabilities around technology and design.
We support our clients total digital transformation through technology, design, cybersecurity, and risk management & financial engineering capabilities. And together with BCG, BCG Platinions interdisciplinary team of technical experts enable customized technical solutions and accelerate delivery value through new business platforms, application consolidations, and major system implementations.
What You'll Do
What Youll Do:
As a Cybersecurity Consultant at BCG Platinion, you will work with BCG clients to protect organizations most valuable digital, intellectual, and human assets against malicious attacks and fatal errors. In this role, you will apply your sound technical expertise, understanding of business contexts, and analytical skills to enable organizations security priorities. You will also work in multidisciplinary teams to help businesses improve their products and create market growth strategies.
Cybersecurity Consultants at BCG Platinion are:
Technical experts. They are critical thinkers and have extensive cybersecurity expertise that drives innovative solutions.
Innovators. They understand and leverage cutting-edge cybersecurity approaches and tactics to create customized solutions for clients.
Change agents. They know how to make change happen across an organization. They can align and onboard teams to implement new cybersecurity process and toolsets. They embrace complex challenges and guide an organization to optimize their cybersecurity practices.
Collaborative. They are interdisciplinary team players who seek alignment and establish relationships ranging from cross-functional stakeholder groups to existing security teams.
You're Good At:
- Developing tailored, customized cyber and privacy solutions to address our clients challenges
- Implementing cybersecurity and privacy program transformation and culture change initiatives
- Conducting cybersecurity assessments including gap analysis and roadmap development in multiple contexts, including organizations, product development, and cloud security
- Developing cybersecurity strategies, policies, processes, and procedures to protect clients internal infrastructure and their customers
- Understanding and application of digital, IT, cloud computing and data strategy best practices to enhance cybersecurity and privacy
- Developing cybersecurity and privacy business strategies for technology product vendors that are integrated in the organizations overall business strategy and increase revenue and profits
- Working with leadership teams, including facilitating board and senior management cybersecurity and privacy awareness workshops
- Integrating security and privacy by design into software, systems, and architectures through shifting left and designing appropriate processes, procedures, methods, and techniques
- Quantifying progress through cybersecurity and privacy measurement and risk quantification
- Helping clients with incident response readiness, by creating and facilitating table-top exercises, business continuity and disaster recovery plans
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications) You Bring:
- 4+ years of professional experience in the execution and management of technology (Prior experience at a consulting organization is highly preferred)
- BS in mathematics, natural sciences, information technology, business management, or similar degree
- CISSP, CIPP/E, CIPP/US or equivalent
- Hands-on experience with, or extensive knowledge of some of the following:
- Developing cybersecurity and privacy policies or strategies
- Managing cybersecurity and privacy risk
- Leading security and privacy assessments
- Implementing and running cybersecurity and privacy programs
- Developing security and privacy by design architectures
- Integrating security and privacy into system development lifecycle
- Cyber supply chain risk management/third party risk management
- Identity and access management
- Developing cybersecurity and privacy workforce
- Delivering cybersecurity and privacy awareness training
- Continuous monitoring
- Vulnerability management, including conducting vulnerability assessments
- Using SIEM tools, penetration testing, incident management, BCP, and/or DRP
- Ability to navigate and advise on complex, evolving privacy regulatory landscape, especially new laws
- Working on data privacy projects that span across requirements engineering, design, technical implementation, and/or technical program management is required
- Broad knowledge of cybersecurity technologies throughout organizational and acquisition lifecycle
- Working knowledge of at least two different cybersecurity frameworks:
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- NIST Privacy Framework
- ISO/IEC 27000 family of standards, etc.
- NIST SP 800-53 and companion publications
- Cloud Security Alliance CCM
- The CRI Profile
- Knowledge and experience with major digital risk and technology regulatory environments
- Business and technical fluency in major data protection laws (eg, GDPR, CCPA, CPRA)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills
- Results-orientated mindset
- Confidence and persuasiveness
- Business-fluent written and spoken English language skills
- Willingness to travel around the globe to work with clients and BCG teams. At times, this role involves significant travel to client sites. The amount of travel will depend on client needs and nature of projects
What We Offer:
At BCG, we care about our people, and offer best in class benefits to support you personally and professionally throughout your different life experiences including:
- An opportunity to work organically across disciplines and across BCG, we offer a unified and unrivaled opportunity that combines strategic thinking with hands-on applications.
- A unique experience to work alongside a team of passionate and driven problem-solvers with a mission to deliver innovative and valuable digital solutions in a supportive environment.
BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the worlds best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possibleand unlocking your potential to advance the world. VACCINE:
Candidates should be aware that BCG currently maintains a policy requiring all US & Canada based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. BCG is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under applicable federal, state, provincial and local law. FOR U.S. APPLICANTS:
Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The first year base compensation for this role is $140,000 in USD.
In addition to your base salary, you will also be eligible for an annual discretionary performance bonus and BCGs Profit Sharing and Retirement Fund (PSRF) contribution. BCG also provides a market leading benefits package described below.
At BCG, we are committed to offering a comprehensive benefit program that includes everything our employees and their families need to be well and live life to the fullest. We pay the full cost of medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible family members.* Thats zero dollars in premiums taken from employee paychecks. All our plans provide best in class coverage:
- Zero dollar ($0) health insurance premiums for BCG employees, spouses, and children
- Low $5 (USD) copays for trips to the doctor, urgent care visits and prescriptions for generic drugs
- Dental coverage, including up to $5,000 (USD) in orthodontia benefits
- Vision insurance with coverage for both glasses and contact lenses annually
- Reimbursement for gym memberships and other fitness activities
- Fully vested retirement contributions made annually, whether you contribute or not
- Generous paid time off including vacation, holidays, and annual office closure between Christmas and New Years
- Paid Parental Leave and other family benefits such as elective egg freezing, surrogacy, and adoption reimbursement
*Employees, spouses, and children are covered at no cost. Employees share in the cost of domestic partner coverage.
To learn more about our employee benefit please check our Benefits page.