At a glance:
- Are you a hosted voice network engineering expert skilled at monitoring and conducting trouble isolation and resolution?
- Can you commit to an expert technical position providing guidance on the development of basic to intermediately complex hosted voice and Unified Communications systems?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America's largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.Highlights:
Using your sharp technical skills, you actively simplify and enhance the client experience by providing break-fix solutions for basic to moderately complex hosted voice systems. As the Network Engineer II, you excel at network operations and troubleshooting. You ensure the success of our clients by providing efficient identification and resolutions for Unified Communications support tickets. You are passionate about effectively resolving and troubleshooting services when not operating correctly.
As a collaborative team member, you successfully work with multiple internal teams and third-party vendors. You maximize the department's success by supporting all trouble tickets and inbound support calls, including interacting with clients via email and over the phone. You thrive in an office environment and feel comfortable traveling to perform site reviews within a specified footprint. You embrace the need to support enterprise clients by supporting a 24/7 work environment. You report to the Manager of Unified Communication Services Restoration for goals, guidance and assistance. Position benefits:
What you will do:
- Competitive salary with bonus.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional 3%.
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.
Required keys for success:
- Encourage company-wide excellence and growth by supporting all technical efforts to enhance the client experience.
- Drive network engineering projects by participating in the planning of network architecture, design.
- Maximize projects by integrating communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Improve productivity through in-depth new product evaluations and develop resolutions to network issues during implementation.
- Maintain product and service quality by assisting in the development and documentation of technical standards.
- Ensure a successful project completion by documenting and implementing approved procedure methods.
- Increase network capabilities through the design of protocol compatibility standards, network enhancements and implementation and improvement recommendations.
- Optimize and configure the existing network by planning and working on projects, systems and issues of medium to high complexity.
- Support tiers across the organization during program implementations by providing escalated troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Enhance efficiency by serving on one or more projects simultaneously and occasionally as a project team lead.
- Guide and mentor less experienced team members to improve department productivity.
- Mitigate risks by complying with all industry-specific local, state and federal regulations for every project.
How you will stand out from the crowd:
- Three or more years of data network experience.
- In-depth data networking knowledge with transmission control protocol/internet protocol (TCP/IP), the open systems interconnection (OSI) model and optical transport.
- Expert in related industry specifications and standards for Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), American National Standards Institute (ANSI), fiber, multi-mode, single-mode, unshielded twisted pair (UTP), bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and protocols.
- Advanced knowledge of network design, devices, appliances, architecture, protocols and topology.
- Experienced in using internal and vendor ticketing and software tools.
- Deadline-driven with the ability to learn new technologies and work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio.
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization.
- Knowledge of Spectrum Enterprise products and services.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required).
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) (preferred).
- Industry or vendor-specific certification and training, such as Cisco, Juniper or Alcatel-Lucent (preferred).
ENE309 320536-4 320536BR
To apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of SPECTRUM. Please note ComputerJobs - Texas Jobs is not responsible for the application process on any external website.